Mcloons Lobster Roll Kit + Cape Whoopies
Mcloons has partnered with Cape Whoopies to give you this essential Maine Lobster Roll & Whoopie Pie kit!
When Yankee Magazine sent their editor up the Maine coast in early 2017 to sample dozens of lobster rolls and crown one champion, she chose McLoons Lobster Shack for their fresh lobsters and perfect rolls. And now you can enjoy McLoons’ most popular item at home! This is the perfect DIY lobster roll kit for you and your friends. And it’s even better paired with the classic New England whoopie pie, the official state treat of Maine and the specialty of Cape Whoopies out of Cape Elizabeth, Maine! Cape makes their whoopies in a range of flavors using ingredients from all over the world.
- This package includes Mcloons’ Lobster Roll Kit + Assorted Whoopie Pies from Cape Whoopies. Choose the right size for your party!
- Each lobster roll kit has everything you need to make your lobster rolls, including separate containers of lobster meat, top rolls, Mayonnaise, Casco Bay Artisan Sea Salt Butter, Roll Sleeves and an Instruction Card
- This is perfect for a party!
- Chips or pickles are not included in this kit
Whoopie Flavors May Include
- The Maniac – Chocolate cake filled with vanilla cream
- Boston Strong – Buttery vanilla cakes filled with fudge and a vanilla cream
- Britt’s Fav – Decadent chocolate cakes filled with a dark chocolate cream
- Salted Caramel – Chocolate cake with caramel cream and sea salt
Choose Your Kit Size
- 4 lobster roll kit + 4 Whoopies – 16 oz. of lobster tail, knuckle and claw meat and 4 New England style split top rolls + 4 assorted whoopies
- 6 lobster roll kit + 6 Whoopies – 24 oz. of lobster tail, knuckle and claw meat and 6 New England style split top rolls + 6 assorted whoopies
- 8 lobster roll kit + 8 Whoopies – 32 oz. of lobster tail, knuckle and claw meat and 8 New England style split top rolls + 8 assorted whoopies
Instructions / Storage
- McLoons’ lobsters are caught on the day and steamed in small batches until cooked through, and iced immediately to prevent overcooking. The cooked lobster meat is then hand picked, cleaned, and packed to order
- Mcloons’ lobsters are shipped with ice packs, which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Follow the instructions in the card given to make the perfect McLoons Lobster Roll!
- Shelf life of lobster meat is up to a week if stored properly, kept in the fridge in a container of ice.
- Store on the counter for 6 days, in the fridge for up to 14 days (if you can resist!) or in the freezer for up to one year
- Bring to room temperature before devouring for best flavor
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- McLoons Lobster Shack ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.