Seasonal Ice Cream - 4 Pints
Malai Ice creams blend sweet cream with global spices and aromas for unique ice cream flavors that taste familiar and exotic at the same time. This Seasonal Package features four flavors reflective of the season.
Try Malai’s fall seasonal box – filled with the first flavor that Pooja ever made, Ginger Root, as well as one of our most requested, Pumpkin Garam Masala Crumble! This is one combination of flavors you won’t want to miss! (Available until 10/31/20) Orders set to be delivered after 10/31/20 will receive the next batch of seasonal flavors
Pooja Bavishi, Malai’s founder, develops her aromatic flavors based on the spicy cooking in her parents’ kitchen growing up. Pooja uses ice cream as the perfect blank slate to showcase the familiar flavors of her childhood – warm spices like ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, and saffron. Now, Pooja crafts all the ice cream by hand for these totally unique and satisfying flavors.
Each pack includes 4 pints of ice cream.
- Ginger Root – This bright and spicy pint is the first flavor that I ever made, and it will always have a special place in my heart (and on my spoon). Just the simple act of using fresh ginger takes this flavor over the top. It’s warm and cozy on top of a slice of pie, and is super refreshing in the summer. And after all of these years, I have never tired of the sweet, spicy simplicity of this root.
- Golden Turmeric – Every Indian kid knows that the key to cure any ailment is turmeric. When I was growing up, my mother lovingly whisked it into milk with ginger and honey when I was under the weather. Before sipping, I would stir in a bit of cinnamon (foreshadowing my love for balancing spices and dairy). Capturing the essence of comfort, I spun this childhood memory into a flavor that is bursting with earthy turmeric, assertive ginger and spices. This golden scoop tastes as bright as it looks, and is truly sunshine in a pint.
- Sweet Roti & Ghee – As children, when my sister and I whined about what our mom (lovingly) made for us for dinner she would treat us to churmu: a crumble made with torn fresh rotis (wheat flatbreads), jaggery (an unprocessed sugar), and ghee. An Indian version of the comforting flavors of bread, sugar and butter. Savory, sweet, salty, it hit all flavor notes that we crave. To capture the nostalgia, I recreated this dish as a roti-infused ice cream with the exact same churmu layers throughout. In other words, it’s dinner!
- Pumpkin Garam Masala Crumble – This is pumpkin spice but with an Indian twist that really lets the spices shine. Pumpkin and garam masala, a sweet and savory blend of spices made prominently with cumin and cinnamon, are the perfect match. But what really makes this flavor special is the black cardamom graham cracker that is folded in the pumpkin garam masala ice cream. Unlike floral green cardamom, black cardamom is smoky and complex. It adds a distinct woodsy and earthy element to our housemade graham cracker that is also unmistakably “holiday.” Some call this the best version of a PSL – I may have to agree.
Flavors are subject to change each season
Ginger Root: whole milk, cream, cane sugar, non-fat milk, ginger, cream cheese (pasteurized milk and cream, whey protein concentrate, salt, carob bean gum, xanthan gum, cheese culture), inverted sugar syrup, tapioca starch, salt
Golden Turmeric: whole milk, cream, cane sugar, non-fat milk, cream cheese (pasteurized milk and cream, whey protein concentrate, salt, carob bean gum, xanthan gum, cheese culture), ghee (clarified butter), turmeric, inverted sugar syrup, turmeric, ginger, tapioca starch, cinnamon, black pepper, salt
Sweet Roti & Ghee: whole milk, cream, cane sugar, non-fat milk, cream cheese (pasteurized milk and cream, whey protein concentrate, salt, carob bean gum, xanthan gum, cheese culture), inverted sugar syrup, roti (wheat flour, water, salt), roti crumble (roti, jaggery, ghee (clarified butter), salt), tapioca starch, salt
Contains: Dairy, Gluten
Pumpkin Garam Masala Crumble: whole milk, cream, cane sugar, non-fat milk, pumpkin, cream cheese (pasteurized milk and cream, whey protein concentrate, salt, carob bean gum, xanthan gum, cheese culture), inverted sugar syrup, black cardamom graham cracker (wheat flour, brown sugar, butter, black cardamom, salt), pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger), tapioca starch, salt, garam masala (cumin, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, peppercorns)
Contains: Dairy, Gluten
Instructions / Storage
Ice cream pints are carefully packed in an insulated shipping box with enough dry ice to keep the contents perfectly frozen. Don’t worry, it’s colder inside that box than it is in your freezer. Upon receipt, please place your pints in your freezer to store up to 6 months.
If you are looking to serve your pints right away but they arrive rock hard, simply place them on a counter or table top and let them rest for 10 minutes or until you can just slightly squeeze the pints.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Malai ships Monday and Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.