Kentucky Derby Pie - Derby VIP Pack
These original Derby Pies were created over 40 years ago at the Melrose Inn in Prospect, Kentucky. Since then, the Derby Pie has become the quintessential Kentucky dessert. Still made with the same secret recipe it was made with years ago, this decadent pie features a mix of chocolate chips and walnut tart, in a crumbly yummy pie shell. The Kern’s family patented this pie and are the only ones who make it!!
This Deluxe Derby Pie Package also includes a “Dirty Old Horseshoe from Churchill Downs” (yes, you heard right, A HORSESHOE from Churchill Downs) as a keepsake. It doesn’t get much cooler than that, now does it?
This package includes:
- 1 delicious traditional Derby Pie (Each 9" and serves 8-10 people. Arrives wrapped tightly in an original Kern’s Kitchen Box)
- Makers Mark Coffee
- Mini Makers Mark Gourmet Sauce
- Kentucky Mint Julep for Two Mix
- A Dirty Old Horseshoe From Churchill Downs – An amazing collectible item!
- “My Old Kentucky Home” Song Sheet
Instructions / Storage
A Derby Pie is best served by slicing frozen and serving warm. We recommend you heating your pie for 12 minutes at 350º. The pie will come out of the oven with a perfect, flaky crust. It will be warm, toasty, and ready-to-eat, a perfect blend of sweet, crunchy goodness that will satisfy almost everyone’s innate need for chocolate!Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Pies ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.