A landmark of Italian fine dining in New York City, I Trulli was founded by Nicola Marzovilla in 1994 and has since become renowned for its menu of specialties from Puglia, The Marzovilla family homeland. I Trulli is truly a family operation: many of its beloved pastas are handmade daily by none other than Nicola’s mother, Dora.
This selection of three Best Selling dishes tastes just like they were made by an Italian nonna — because they were! Gnocchi with traditional bolognese sauce, traditional Melanzana made with baked eggplant with tomato & mozzarella, and traditional meat sauce lasagna
This package serves 3 people and includes:
- 1 pc. Lasagna – Traditional meat sauce lasagna (approx 17 oz.)
- 1 pc. Melanzana – Baked eggplant with tomato & mozzarella (approx 17 oz.)
- Gnocchi – Potato gnocchi in a traditional bolognese sauce
- 5 oz. of Gnocchi
- 7 oz. of Bolognese
- Gnocci and sauce come packaged separately
Lasanga – flour, egg, beef, tomato, cream, olive oil, cheese
Melanzana – Eggplant, tomatoes, olive oil, cheese
Gnocchi – flour, potato, egg, beef, tomato, olive oil, butter, cheese
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place in the fridge or freezer
- May be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week and frozen for 1 month
- Defrost the sauce, but not the pasta.
- Bring two quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Warm up the sauce in sautée pan on high heat.
- Cook pasta in water until it floats, about three minutes.
- Add 1 oz. of pasta water to your sauce & stir.
- Drain the pasta, toss with sauce, adding grated cheese to your liking
to your liking, then plate &…MANGIA! buon appetito!
Lasagna & Melanzana
- Defrost overnight
- Remove from bag & bake at 375° for 45 minutes
- Remove from bag & microwave for five minutes then plate &…MANGIA! buon appetito!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Il Trulli ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.