Terroir of Japan Steak Flight
With decades of collective experience in the best steakhouses, abattoirs, pastures, and butcheries, Holy Grail Steak Co. has spent the last several years with one goal in mind: procure the World’s Greatest Steaks. On this mission for Steak Nirvana they have connected artisanal farms and ranches who live by the Golden Rule of Cow, a steak only tastes as good as it was raised.
Featuring steaks from Chateau Uenae in snowy Hokkaido, Omi Beef in Shiga prefecture, Miyazaki from the Ozaki Farm on Kyushu, and Bushugyu from a family owned Hasegawa Farm in Saitama, this collection represents the finest beef from Japan.
Chateau Uenae’s Hokkaido Snow Beef needs little introduction either. The rarest steak on planet earth, its legendary for its combination of Wagyu umami flavors with a “beefy” quality found in western breeds like Angus and Hereford.
The Omi Beef brand is the oldest in Japan, with a history that dates back more than 400 years when it was routinely served by the Shogun to his warlords and came to be known as the “Emperors Beef”.
Miyazaki are raised by the Ozaki family in Miyazaki Prefecture on Kyushu, the southern Island of Japan. Here, the cattle are fed for over 600 days on a special diet that promotes “shimofuri,” the highest quality fat marbling, and are famous for their cherry red color and dense “meatiness”.
Bushugyu cattle are raised on a very unique diet of sake lees, beer pulp, apple peels, and pineapple chips mixed with rice bran and mineral rich spring water (you’d be amazed how important good water is to beef flavor). All of this amounts to an umami rich, fragrant beef that cannot be replicated anywhere else.
The Japanese Terroir Flight includes:
- Chateau Uenae Hokkaido Strip (approx. 13 oz.)
- Omi Ribeye (approx. 13 oz.)
- Bushugyu Ribeye (approx. 13 oz.)
- Miyazaki-Ozaki Strip (approx. 13 oz.)
- Steaks come in a beautiful black and gold branded box. Perfect for a gift!
Instructions / Storage
- Steaks ship uncooked and frozen with dry ice, do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Steaks are cut by master butchers, immediately vacuum sealed, and blast frozen to -30F
- The blast freezing method completely protects and preserves the steaks in their original, perfectly-aged state and in no way compromises their quality
- An ice- or cold-water bath is recommended for a quick thaw but the best way is to allow your steaks to defrost in your refrigerator 24-48 hours
- Never defrost steaks in warm or hot water
- Frozen, uncooked steaks may be enjoyed within 4 months
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Holy Grail Steak Co ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.