The iconic flavors of Chef Stephanie Izard’s Duck Duck Goat in the comfort of your home! This interactive, DIY meal kit is complete with everything needed to make your very own flavor-packed shrimp and broccoli and veggie spring roll lettuce wraps, made easy with the help of This Little Goat went to Hong Kong sauce! Get ready to roll up your sleeves and put your cooking skills to work! Don’t worry… the hard parts are already done for you you, which means more time for eating and enjoying! Each kit includes 2 products from Chef Stephanie Izard’s “This Little Goat” line of globally inspired sauces, spices and everything crunches – 1 bottle of This Little Goat went to Hong Kong sauce & 1 bag of This Little Goat went to New York everything crunch.
Since it first opened its doors in the Windy City’s Fulton Market District in 2010, few Chicago restaurants have been so consistently praised—and packed—as Stephanie Izard’s Girl & The Goat. James Beard award-winning chef Izard’s bold, globetrotting flavors defy easy categorization, but every item on her family-style menu is wildly creative and insanely delicious. Izard is renowned as one of America’s best chefs: she won Season 1 of “Iron Chef Gauntlet” and Season 4 of "Top Chef” and took home the James Beard Award for Best Chef Great Lakes in 2013. One of the best restaurants in Chicago, Girl & The Goat was a 2011 James Beard Award "Best New Restaurant” finalist.
Kits Require Home Cooking
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- Medium Shrimp (1 lb.)
- Broccoli (14 oz.)
- Pre-made Beef Spring Roll Filling (8 oz.)
- 2 Medium Shallots (4.5 oz.)
- 11 Sheets of Pre-made Spring Roll Wrappers (6 oz.)
- 1 Bottle “This Little Goat Went to Hong Kong” Sauce (13 oz.)
- Kewpie Mayonnaise (4 oz.)
- 1 Bunch Crispy Green Leaf Lettuce (3.5 oz.)
- Pickled Peppers and Onions (4 oz.)
- 1 Bunch Mint (1.2 oz.)
- 1 Bunch Basil (1.2 oz.)
- 1 Bag “This Little Girl Went to New York Everything Crunch” (2.65 oz.)
What You’ll Need (Not Included):
- 1 Egg
- Cooking Oil (Canola or Vegetable)
- Salt (Kosher recommended)
- Spring Roll Wrappers – Wheat Flour, Water, Oil, Salt
- Beef Spring Roll Filling – Ground Beef, Scallions, Chives, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Ginger, Shaoxing Rice Cine, Sesame Oil, Salt, Sugar
- “This Little Goat went to Hong Kong” Sauce – Canola Oil, Rice Wine Vinegar, Cane Sugar, Tamari Sauce (Water, Soybeans, Salt, Sugar), Dijon Mustard (Water, Vinegar, Mustard Seed, Salt, White Wine, Fruit Pectin, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Sugar, Spice), Granulated Tamari Soy Sauce (Soy sauce (Soy Beans, Salt, Sugar) Maltodextrin, Salt), Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Shallots, Ginger, Garlic, Sambal Oelek (Red Chili Peppers, Vinegar, Salt), Salt, Cultured Dextrose, Spearmint, Spices, Molasses
- Kewpie Mayonnaise – Vegetable Oil, Egg Yolk, Vinegar, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Natural Flavor
- Crispy Green Leaf Lettuce
- Pickled Peppers and Onions – Red Onions, Fresnos, Red Wine Vinegar, Salt, Sugar
- “This Little Goat went to New York Everything Crunch” – Wild Rice, Onions, Sesame Seeds, Canola Oil, Garlic, Poppy Seeds, Salt, Dried Chili Peppers, Rice Flour, Dried Shallots, Dried Chives
Allergens – Contains: Egg, Soy, Shellfish, Wheat, Gluten
Instructions / Storage
- This kit ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Upon arrival, place items in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- “This Little Goat Went to Hong Kong” Sauce and Kewpie Mayonnaise ship at room temperature and should be refrigerated after opening and last up to 2 weeks.
- “This Little Goat went to New York Everything Crunch” can be stored sealed at room temperature.
- Shrimp can be kept for 3-5 days in the refrigerator or up to 6 months frozen.
- Beef Spring Roll filling can be kept for 5-7 days in the refrigerator or up to 6 months frozen.
- Spring Roll wrappers can be kept for 2 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 weeks frozen.
- Pickled Pepper Mix can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks (freezing not recommended).
- All produce should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days (freezing not recommended)
Beef Spring Roll Lettuce Wraps
- Working one at a time, remove a spring roll wrapper from the packaging and place on a clean work surface with one corner pointing towards you (the wrapper should be in a diamond shape)
- Fold the bottom corner of your spring roll wrapper about ⅔ of the way towards the top corner (this double layer helps ensure the filling does not leak out). The wrapper should now have a flat bottom edge.
- Place about 1 ounce (about 1 heaping Tablespoon) of the beef filling in a thin line, above ½-inch thick, across the bottom of the wrapper, leaving about ¼-inch between the filling and the edge of the wrapper
- In a small bowl, whisk together your egg and a small splash of water (about 1 teaspoon)
- Using your finger or a pastry brush, lightly coat the outer edges of the wrapper with egg wash
- Fold the left and right corners of the wrapper in toward the center, over the filling. Roll up the wrapper, tightly enclosing the filling. When you get to the top corner, coat the tip of the wrapper in a thin layer of egg wash and seal the spring roll together. Your finished spring rolls should be about 6-inches long and 1-inch thick.
- Transfer wrapped spring rolls to a plate and cover until ready to cook (this will help ensure your spring rolls do not dry out). Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to a large skillet and heat over medium/medium-high heat. Place your spring rolls in an even layer in the pan. Cook, flipping occasionally, until well browned on each side and cooked through. If your spring rolls are getting too dark before they’re cooked through, decrease the temperature to medium-low and continue cooking until cooked through
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk ½ cup of Kewpie mayo with about 2-3 tablespoons of “This Little Goat went to Hong Kong” sauce. This delicious Hong Kong mayo will be used for both your lettuce wraps and shrimp & broccoli dish. Make sure to set some aside!
- Assemble your lettuce wraps. Top each lettuce leaf with a dollop of Hong Kong mayo, a beef spring roll, freshly-torn leaves of mint and basil and some pickled pepper mix. Serve alongside extra Hong Kong mayo for dipping!
Hong Kong Shrimp & Broccoli
- Chop the broccoli into florets. Thinly slice the shallots into rounds.
- Steam your broccoli: Fill a large skillet with about 1 inch of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, add in the broccoli florets and cover with a lid. Let steam until the broccoli is tender and bright green, but still crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Drain and dry completely.
- Add the shrimp to a small mixing bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and toss with about 2 Tablespoons of “This Little Goat went to Hong Kong” sauce until coated.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over high heat and coat with a drizzle of cooking oil. Once the oil is hot, add in your shrimp (you should hear it sizzle). Sauté until the shrimp are cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the pan used to cook the shrimp and add in your sliced shallots. Season with a pinch of salt. Sauté until tender and beginning to brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your steamed broccoli and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of “This Little Goat went to Hong Kong” sauce. Sauté until beginning to brown and crisp up, about 3-4 minutes. Return your shrimp to the pan and let cook until everything is well combined and warmed through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with a drizzle of Hong Kong mayo, a handful of pickled peppers, torn leaves and fresh mint and basil, and “This Little Goat went to New York Everything Crunch”. Dig in!
- Girl & The Goat ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.