Pork Shank Dinner Kit for 4
Girl & the Goat meal kit’s are a way for people to enjoy classic dishes from Girl & the Goat in the comfort of their own homes, and enjoy the fun of cooking, made easy! The meal kits and recipes are curated by James Beard Award Winning Chef, Stephanie Izard and are designed for people to create delicious meals in home kitchens nationwide! Each kit includes fresh ingredients that are perfectly proportioned for a Goat restaurant dinner experience for two. They also include a featured sauce or spice from This Little Goat that can be kept in your pantry for other cooking adventures later on!
This Pork Shank Dinner Kit for 4 includes 2 Roasted Pork Shanks with Herb Yogurt, Smoked Tomato, and Rhubarb Chimichurri. Also includes Girl & the Goat’s iconic Green beans with a bottle of This Little Goat Southeast Asia sauce. AND as a bonus, chocolate chip cookie dough to make your own cookies!
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 2 Roasted Pork Shanks (about 1.5 lbs each)
- Herb Yogurt
- Smoked Tomato
- Rhubarb Chimichurri ingredients:
- Pickled Peppers
- Chimichurri Base
- Green Beans
- Kewpie Mayo
- 1 bottle of This Little Goat Southeast Asia Sauce
- Cookie Dough (enough to make 2 cookies)
2 ROASTED PORK SHANK – pork, salt,garlic onion, carrots tomoato; pickled red onion – red wine vin, salt, corriander, blk pepper, chile de arbol, sugar
PICKLED RHUBARB – champagne vin, tarragon, sugar, salt
SMOKED TOMATO- evoo salt grape tomato; chive yogurt – chive, greek yogurt, cream, salt; chimmi base – red wine vin, tamari soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, mint, scallions
GREEN BEANS – green beans, shallots, cashews (Can be omitted), kew pie mayo, TLG Southeast asia (Canola Oil, Water, Fish Sauce (anchovies, sea salt), Dijon Mustard (water, vinegar, mustard seed, salt, white wine, fruit pectin, citric acid, tartaric acid, sugar, spice), Cane Sugar, Garlic, Granulated Tamari Soy Sauce (soy sauce (soybeans, salt, sugar) maltodextrin, salt), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (chili pepper, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt, water, natural flavors, xanthan gum), Cultured Dextrose, Citric Acid, Salt, Xanthan Gum CONTAINS: SOY, ANCHOVIES (FISH)
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, will not arrive frozen
- Upon arrival place immediately in the fridge
- All ingredients have to be refrigerated until cooking
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days
- Only the Pork Shank may be frozen up to 2 months, but produce cannot be frozen at all
Roasted Pork Shank
Cook the Pork Shank:
- 1. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Remove the pork from the bag, feel free to remove a little bit of the excess gelatin that is on the shank if you want!
- 3. Place it on an oven-safe pan, with the bone pointed vertically up and cook for about 30-35 minutes until well caramelized. While this is cooking, check out the green bean recipe below to begin cleaning, blanching timing out the cook of your green bean dish!
Make the Chimichurri sauce:
- 1. Pick the mint off the stems and rough chop it up.
- 2. Cut off the end of the scallions and chop those up.
- 3. Chop up the picked rhubarb, the tomatoes and the pickled peppers, and place all of this into a small mixing bowl. I added the juice from the tomatoes as well!
- 4. Lastly add in the chimmi base over the top, let it marinate, and mix it up!
Plate and serve:
- 1. Next, grab your ramp yogurt, and spread about 1-2 heaping tablespoons on the bottom of your serving plate for the pork shank.
- 2. Take your pork shank and place it over top of the ramp yogurt.
- 3. Top the pork with the chimichurri sauce or serve it on the side! Enjoy with your pita!
Girl & the Goat Green Beans
Prep the green beans:
- 1. Start by cleaning your green beans
- 2. blanch them by bringing a pot of salted water to rolling boil. Add in the green beans for about 4 minutes.
- 3. Strain and add to a pre-pared ice bath for 1 minute. Don’t let them sit too long – they will get waterlogged. Place them on a paper towel to dry!
Make the drizzle sauce:
- 1. Add the ramequin of Kewpie mayo in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Mix in about 2 tbsp of This Little Goat Went to South- east Asia (you have a bottle in your box!).
- 3. Mix it all together and spoon the mixture into a Ziplock bag. You will cut the tip of the baggie and drizzle it on top when you are ready to serve!
Cook the green beans:
- 1. Heat up a large sauté pan (or a wok if you have one) over medium-high heat and drizzle about 1 tbsp of oil (I prefer rice bran, grapeseed, canola or anything really except olive oil!).
- 2. Put the green beans on the pan and you should hear it sizzle! I usually grab one green bean and take a bite! I taste it to see if I want to add a bit more salt to them, I usually do ;) I sprinkle a little more salt on them while they cook on the pan. Let them sauté for a couple of minutes and keep moving them around on the pan as they begin to show a light brown blister! You don’t want them to burn— just get a light golden brown bubbly golden color and are heated all the way through!
- 3. Once they seem like they are getting nice and hot, sprinkle in the shaved shallots and stir them in! Sauté for a few seconds.
- 4. Grab your bottle of This Little Goat Went to Southeast Asia and squeeze in about 2-3 tbsp of this right on the green beans and continue to stir around and sauté! It might get a little smoky, so you might want to turn on your fan!
- 5. Add in your cashews (there’s enough for you to snack on some too if you want!), I like to break them up a little bit and toss them around on the pan!
Assemble and serve:
- Grab your serving bowl and put the cooked green beans in there! Grab that baggie of the drizzle, cut the corner of it, and drizzle the sauce over the top! Enjoy!
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Form dough into 2 large balls, slightly larger than a golf ball
- 3. Bake for 12-18 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through, until the edges turn slightly golden
- 4. Let cool slightly before serving
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Girl & The Goat ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.