Girl & the Goat meal kit’s are a way for people to enjoy classic dishes from Girl & the Goat in the comfort of their own homes, and enjoy the fun of cooking, made easy! The meal kits and recipes are curated by James Beard Award Winning Chef, Stephanie Izard and are designed for people to create delicious meals in home kitchens nationwide! Each kit includes fresh ingredients that are perfectly proportioned for a Goat restaurant dinner experience for four. They also include a featured sauce or spice from This Little Goat that can be kept in your pantry for other cooking adventures later on!
This Girl & the Goat inspired grill kit is perfect for grilling season, but no grill required! The kit includes Herb Marinated Grilled Shrimp, Kalbi Style Beef Short Ribs, Corn Cobbettes, Blistered Shishitos with puffed rice, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for 4 cookies if you don’t eat the dough first…
Butter not included
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- Raw Shrimp (approximately 8)
- Fresh Mint
- 4 Kalbi Style Beef Short Ribs (approximately 1 lb.)
- Kalbi Marinade
- 6 Corn Cobbettes (2 full cobs cut into 6 pieces)
- Shishitos Peppers
- Puffed Rice Everything Spice
- Shrimp Marinade
- Kewpie Mayo
- 1 Bottle This Little Goat Went to Tokyo Sauce
- 2 Limes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (makes 2 cookies)
Chef’s Tip: Butter is recommended have on hand
Herb Marinated Grilled Shrimp: Raw shrimp 1/2lb (about 8); Shrimp marinade Kewpie mayo (Soybean Oil, Egg Yolk (9.5%), Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Rice Vinegar, Water, Flavour Enhancer (621), Flavouring (contains mustard), Preservative (3135).)TLG Southeast Asia (Canola Oil, Water, Fish Sauce (anchovies, sea salt), Dijon Mustard (water, vinegar, mustard seed, salt, white wine, fruit pectin, citric acid, tartaric acid, sugar, spice), Cane Sugar, Garlic, Granulated Tamari Soy Sauce (soy sauce (soybeans, salt, sugar) maltodextrin, salt), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (chili pepper, vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt, water, natural flavors, xanthan gum), Cultured Dextrose, Citric Acid, Salt, Xanthan Gum CONTAINS: SOY, ANCHOVIES (FISH)),Mint, garlic, chives, thai chili; Kalbi Stlye Beef Short Ribs with Corn Cobblettes: Raw beef short ribs 1lb. 4pieces; Red wine vinegar, corn, garlic,olive oil, sambal (Chili, Salt, Distilled Vinegar, Potassium Sorbate And Sodium Bisulfite As Preservatives, Xanthan Gum.), fish sauce (Anchovy Extract, Salt, Water, Fructose & Hydrolyzed Vegetable Fruit); Blistered Shishitos:shishito peppers, kewpie mayo ((Soybean Oil, Egg Yolk (9.5%), Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Rice Vinegar, Water, Flavour Enhancer (621), Flavouring (contains mustard), Preservative (3135),puffed wild rice, rice bran oil, everything spice mix (dried shallot, dried chive, red chili flakes, black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, dried garlic, dried onion) TLG Tokyo sauce (Cane Sugar, Tamari Sauce (water, soybeans, salt sugar), Salted Sake (water, rice, salt), Water, Granulated Tamari Soy Sauce (soy sauce (soybeans, salt, sugar), maltodextrin, salt), Cultured Dextrose, Modified Food Starch, Xanthan Gum, Salt CONTAINS: SOY) Chocolate Chip Cookies: flour, egg, sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, Callebaut 36% chocolate chips, Callebaut 70% chocolate chips
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, will not arrive frozen
- Upon arrival place immediately in the fridge
- All ingredients have to be refrigerated until cooking
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days
- Remove Shrimp from packaging & place in a medium bowl. Toss with a few spoonfuls of the marinade until well coated.
- Save the remaining marinade and halve your lime and squeeze into the reserved marinade. Mix until combined
Cook The Shrimp:
- Heat your grill or grill pan over high heat. Place Shrimp directly on the grates and let cook for 1-2 minutes or until lightly charred on both sides and cooked through.
- Your Shrimp are done when the top of the tail is no longer opaque. Every grill is different so keep a close eye on your shrimp. They do not take long to cook.
Plate & Serve:
- Use tongs to transfer to a serving plate.
- Drizzle with additional marinade and top with torn fresh mint leaves.
- Serve any remaining marinade as a dipping sauce
Kalbi Style Beef Short Ribs with Corn Cobbettes
Prep Short Ribs & Corn:
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat
- Arrange short ribs in a baking sheet or a large bowl
- Pour all 2 tablespoons of marinade over short ribs and let sit for a few minutes while you prep the corn
- Place butter in a small pan and pour over the remaining 2 tablespoons of marinade.
- Cut or break each ear of corn into thirds, about 3 inches each.
Cook Short Ribs and Corn:
- Butter is recommended have on hand
- Using Tongs, transfer marinated ribs to grill and grill until nicely charred on each side ( about 1 minute per side)
- Place corn alongside ribs on the grill.
- Let cook, rotating occasionally until lightly charred on each side ( about 2 minutes per side)
- While ribs are grilling, place your pan of butter/marinade on the grill, ideally over indirect heat until butter is melted. Whisk together until smooth and set aside.
Plate and Serve:
- Transfer charred corn to a large serving platter (Ideally one with a rim to catch all of the delicious butter)
- Plate Ribs on top of corn “cobbettes” and drizzle with melted butter marinade
- Serve any remaining flavored butter on the side- there is no such thing as too much butter
- Wash your hands, this is finger food.
Blistered Shishito Peppers
Make the Drizzle Sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine kewpie mayo 1 tablespoon of This Little Goat Went to Tokyo Sauce and juice of half a lime.
- Mix until well combined
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer sauce to the small ziplock bag provided. Set aside until ready to serve.
Cook the Shishitos
- Grab a saute pan and coat with a drizzle of cooking oil. Heat over high heat. OR Grill your shishitos
- Once the oil is hot, but not shimmering, carefully add the shishitos ( you should hear them sizzle)
- Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Continue sauteing, shaking the pan occasionally, until peppers are just tender and turn a light blistered brown color, about 7-8 minutes.
Plate and Serve
- Transfer shishitos to a serving bowl
- Grab bag of drizzle sauce, cut tip off of bottom corner and drizzle over peppers (save any leftover sauce- it makes for a great dipping sauce for veggies or a spread for sandwiches or toast)
- Sprinkle with puffed rice seasoning and dig in!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Form dough into 2 large balls, slightly larger than a golf ball
- Bake for 12-18 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through, until the edges turn slightly golden
- Let cool slightly before serving
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Girl & The Goat ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.