Cabra Cevicheria is Stephanie Izard’s Peruvian inspired restaurant and this meal kit features a Cabra favorite, the Salmon Saltado. Included in this meal kit is a beautiful ora king salmon filet as well as all of the items you will need to make a delicious saltado, including a sneak peek of Stephanie’s newest sauce (This Little Goat went to Peru!) coming to her line of sauces and spices. The meal kit also includes another signature item, Cabra’s Veggie Empanadas. Of course you need dessert, so included is Little Goat’s yummy chocolate chip cookie dough!
This Package Serves 2 people and Includes:
- 2 pcs. Salmon (each 6 oz.)
- Fingerling Potatoes (12 oz.)
- Cherry Tomatoes (6 oz.)
- Red Pepper (6 oz.)
- Pickled Red Onions (6 oz.)
- This Little Goat went to Peru Sauce (6 oz.)
- Butter (2 oz.)
- Cilantro (1 oz.)
- Huacatay Mayo (6 oz.)
- 2 Veggie Empanadas (6 oz.)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (8 oz.)
Pickled Red Onions – Red Onions, Red Wine Vinegar, Sugar, Coriander, Black Pepper, Salt
This Little Goat Went to Peru Sauce – Rice Vinegar, Tamari, Mirin, Sweet Soy, Fish Sauce, Garlic, Sugar, Black Pepper, Salt
Huacatay Mayo – Huacatay Paste, Mayo, Lime Juice, Cream Cheese
Veggie Empandas Flour, Butter, Salt, Kale, Swiss Chard, Onion, Garlic, Cream, Cotija Cheese, Cream Cheese
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Flour, Egg, Sugar, Light Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Salt, Callebaut 36% Chocolate Chips, Callebaut 70% Chocolate Chips
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, will not arrive frozen
- Upon arrival place immediately in the fridge
- All ingredients have to be refrigerated until cooking
- May be kept refrigerated for 4-5 days
Cook the Salmon
- 1. Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
- 2. Prepare your vegetables for roasting: Slice the fingerlings in half lengthwise.
- 3. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 4. Remove the stem from the red pepper and scoop out the seeds.
- 5. Slice into thin rounds, about 1-cm thick, and toss with olive oil. Place on the prepared baking sheet, next to the fingerlings.
- 6. Toss tomatoes with olive oil and place next to the peppers.
- 7. Sprinkle the entire sheet tray with kosher salt.
- 8. Roast in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until potatoes and peppers are tender and beginning to brown and tomatoes begin to burst.
- 9. Remove salmon from the packaging and season on all sides with salt.
- 10. Coat a large oven-safe skillet with cooking oil (canola or vegetable oil work great, olive oil is not recommended) and heat over medium heat.
- 10. Once the oil is hot but not smoking, carefully place salmon in the pan, skin side down.
- 11. Continue cooking over medium heat until the skin begins to turn golden brown and crisp up, about 2 minutes. If the edges of your salmon start to fold in, gently press on the fish with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- 12. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan and transfer to the oven.
- 13. Roast, flipping halfway through, until fish is cooked through to the desired doneness, about 3-5 minutes per side.
Note: if you do not have an oven-safe skillet, transfer your salmon to a baking sheet before placing it in the oven.
Do not wipe out the pan used to cook the fish.
- 14. Remove veggies and salmon from the oven and transfer cooked fish to a baking sheet, plate or cutting board to rest. If there is a lot of excess oil in the pan used to cook the fish, dump some out, leaving about a tablespoon in the pan.
- 15. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the pan used to cook the salmon along with all of the saltado sauce.
- 16. Heat to a gentle simmer over medium/medium-low heat. Continue simmering, stirring frequently, until the butter has melted into the saltado sauce, until it is smooth and silky.
Plate and serve
- 1. Divide fingerling potatoes and peppers evenly among 2 serving plates
- 2. Top each plate with a piece of salmon, roasted tomatoes and pickled red onions
- 3. Finish with a drizzle of saltado sauce and torn cilantro leaves. Serve any extra sauce on the side for dipping!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Girl & The Goat ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.