The Brooks are Frog Hollow Farm’s first cherries off the tree and have been featured in Alice Waters’ famous copper fruit bowl. The variety was developed at U.C. Davis in the 1980s and doesn’t sacrifice taste, color or texture for its early arrival. They resemble the Bing with a more balanced sweetness in their dark, rich flesh. Brooks are available mid-May to early June.
This is Frog Hollow Farm’s signature pear and for good reason. It has a great origin story: this pear was discovered by Thomas Oscar Warren growing naturally outside a post office in Hattiesburg, MS. Once known as the Post Office pear, it’s taken on its founder name and is a favorite of chefs. Too difficult to grow for most farmers to consider it’s never caught on commercially but Farmer Al has never shied away from putting the time and effort into a fruit that tastes so good.
- Choose between 3 or 5 lbs. of Cherries
- Cherry weights may vary
- Each order arrives in a beautiful Frog Hollow Farm branded box
- Frog Hollow Farms ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.