Fat Mama’s world famous, homemade tamales are made with a combination of seasoned ground beef and pork roast and wrapped inside a spicy masa. Fat Mama’s then wraps the tamales in a corn husk and cooks them for over 3 hours. Located at the tail end of the Mississippi River, this mom and pop tamale shop has become a local landmark for decades.
- Each package includes up to 5 dozen tamales
- Tamales are packed by the dozen
- Ground Beef
- Roasted Pork
Instructions / Storage
- Tamales arrive vacuum sealed and frozen.
- Upon arrival they can be stored in the freezer for several months or in the fridge for a few days.
- When ready to prep, just steam for 15 minutes and serve.
- You don’t have to prepare them all at once, portion as needed.
- Detailed storage and prep are instructions included in the box.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Fat Mama’s Tamales ship Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.