Famous Carne Seca Enchilada Kit for 4-6
This classic Mexican dish features artisan corn tortillas wrapped around El Charro Café’s famous carne seca, all-natural marinated lean angus beef dried in the Sonoran Desert sun, shredded, and grilled with green chile, tomato & onions. It’s covered with cheese and your choice of signature savory sauces. Choose between traditional refried beans or whole charro beans to pair with Southwest style rice on the side!
El Charro Café was founded in Tucson way back in 1922 by the tireless Monica Flin. Her lineup of traditional Sonoran dishes made her a local legend; she’s even credited with inventing the chimichanga! Today, El Charro Café is run by Monica’s great grandniece, Carlotta Flores, and it’s America’s oldest Mexican restaurant in continuous operation by the same family. El Charro Café offers a wide variety of Northern Mexican and Tucson-style Mexican dishes, from enchiladas to tamales to tacos to burros, and their insanely delicious food has been hailed by everyone from Bon Appetit to the NY Times to Nation’s Restaurant News, which named it one of America’s 50 most iconic restaurants.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes
- Carne Seca (24 oz.)
- Enchilada sauce, your choice (12 oz.)
- Beans, your choice (24 oz.)
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- Southwest Rice (24 oz.)
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (12 oz.)
- Green Onion (2 oz.)
Sauce Options Include
- Red Chile Colorado – An excellent chile colorado sauce made from New Mexico’s best “guajillo” red chiles. With a bright red color, this mild to medium sauce is made completely gluten-free.
- Green Tomatillo – A tangy mild green enchilada sauce made with tomatillos, serrano peppers, and cilantro. This lively sauce is a wonderful way to brighten up any dish.
- Chocolate Mole – Award-winning dark chocolate and red chile-based recipe by Chef Carlotta. Great with poultry, our Chocolate Mole has rich spiced earthy flavors in a thick chocolate and chile-based sauce. (Contains Gluten and Soy | Not Vegetarian)
Bean Options Include
- Vegetarian Refried Beans
- Whole Vegan Charro Beans
Carne Seca – Beef, Tomato, Yellow Onion, Anaheim Chile, Lemon Juice, and Garlic. Naturally Sundried And Shredded.
Southwest Rice – Water, Rice (Long Grain Parboiled Rice, Iron Phosphate, Niacin Thiamine, Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Canola Oil (Canola Oil) , Taco Seasoning Mix (Maltodextrin, Salt, Modified Food Starch, Spices (Chili Pepper), Onion Powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Paprika Extract, Soybean Oil, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide (Anti-caking)), Garlic, Onion Powder, And Black Pepper. Contains Soy
Corn Tortillas – Corn, Lime, Salt.
Red Enchilada Sauce – Red Chile Paste (Water, & Chile Pods), Water, Rice Flour, Canola Oil (Canola Oil, Citric Acid And TBHQ (To Preserve Freshness), Dimethylpolysiloxane (An Anti-foaming Agent)), Salt.
Green Enchilada Sauce – Tomatillos (Tomatillos, And Citric Acid ), Water, Serrano Pepper, Onion, Green Onion, Salsa Blend (Garlic, Salt, White Vinegar (White Distilled Vinegar (Diluted With Water To 10% Acidity)), Canola Oil (Canola Oil), Oregano) Cilantro, Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper, Cumin, Rice Flour, Canola Oil (Canola Oil, Citric Acid And TBHQ (To Preserve Freshness), Dimethylpolysiloxane (An Anti-foaming Agent)), Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.
Mole Sauce – Chicken Broth (Chicken Broth (Water, Chicken Breast, Garlic, Onion, Green Peppers, Celery, Salt, Black Pepper And Bay Leaf) Chicken Base (Salt, Rendered Chicken Fat With Natural Flavoring, Sugar, Water, Cornstarch, Onion, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein (With Safflower Oil, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium Inosinate And Disodium Guanylate) Chicken (Cooked Chicken And Natural Favoring), Spices, Turmeric , Disodium Inosinate And Disodium Guanylate)), Mole Rojo (Sugar, Canola Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Fat, Dried Chile Ancho Pepper, Animal Cracker [wheat Flour, Folic Acid, Zinc, Iron, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Sugar, Corn Syrup, Soy Lecithin, Sodium Bicarbonate And Ammonium Bicarbonate As Leavening Agents, Iodized Salt, Mixed Fat, Artifical Flavoring, Sodium Bisulfite, Propylene Glycol Monostearate And Lactic Acid Esters As Emulsifiying Agents] Tortilla (Nixtamalized Corn, Flour, Water, Iodized Salt), Pasilla Chilli Pepper, Sesame Seed, Peanut, Cocoa, Pumpkin Seed, Garlic, Cinnamon, Iodized Salt, Coriander Seed, Cloves, Avacado Leaf, Bay Leaf, Pepper, Ginger, And Thyme) Chocolate Chip (Semi-sweet Chocolate (Sugar; Chocolate; Cocoa Butter; Milkfat; Soy Lecithin; Vanillin, Artifical Flavor; Milk)), White Sugar, Canola Oil (Canola Oil, Citric Acid And Tbhq (To Preserve Freshness), Dimethylpolysiloxane (An Anti-foaming Agent), And Rice Flour. (Contains Milk, Soy, Peanuts, And Wheat)
Refried Beans – Pinto Beans, Water, Red Chile Puree (Water & Chile Pods), Cheddar Cheese (Cultured Pasteurized Milk, Salt, Cheese Color, Enzymes), Canola Oil (Canola Oil, Citric Acid And TBHQ (To Preserve Freshness), Dimethylpolysiloxane (An Anti-foaming Agent)), And Salt. Contains Milk
Whole Charro Beans – Pinto Beans, Water, Red Chili Paste (Water, Red Chili Pods), Canola Oil (Canola Oil, Citric Acid And TBHQ (To Preserve Freshness), Dimethylpolysiloxane (An Anti-foaming Agent)), Onion, And Salt.
Instructions / Storage
- Enchilada Kits ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place filling, sauce, beans, and rice in the freezer and put tortillas, cheese, and green onion in the refrigerator. Or defrost all items in the refrigerator overnight if ready to prepare – reheat from a refrigerated state.
- Frozen items may be kept frozen for up to 6 months. Refrigerated items and thawed frozen products should be used within one week.
- Thaw all ingredients in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Spread about a quarter of the included sauce in a thin layer at the bottom of a baking dish.
- Wrap tortillas in a slightly damp cloth and microwave for 30sec until they are soft and pliable.
- Spread approx. 2 oz. of the enchilada filling down the center of each tortilla. Wrap the tortilla tightly around the filling and place it seam side down in the baking dish.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Top with green onion garnish and serve.
- El Charro Cafe ships on Tuesdays of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.