You’re invited to join us for our latest Goldbelly LIVE! event: a cook-along with THE New Orleans institution, Commander’s Palace! Commander’s’ new executive chef, Meg Bickford, who has been part of the Commander’s team for 12 years & is now making history as the first woman to lead the esteemed restaurant will lead you through creating a three-course meal that highlights the flavors of “Haute Creole” cuisine that put the 127 year-old restaurant on the map!
This limited-edition meal kit includes everything you need to cook along with Chef Meg & the Commander’s Palace team, from cocktails to dessert: a “Tequila Mockingbird #2” cocktail kit (to pair with your favorite reposado tequila); a citrus & crab salad with jumbo lump Louisiana blue crab; Commander’s signature chicory coffee-crusted pork tenderloin & cheesy thyme polenta; and a pumpkin spiced apple & pear cobbler with oatmeal pecan cinnamon streusel.
Here’s How it Works:
– Order your Meal Kit by Sunday, December 6, at 12 PM ET.
– By placing an order, you will automatically be enrolled in the exclusive Zoom event.
– The day before your class, you’ll receive your kit at your door, along with an email with all the info you’ll need to join the Zoom event.
– At 6:30 PM ET on Friday, December 11, join Chef Meg and the Commander’s Palace crew on Zoom!
A limited number of seats are available, and they’re expected to fill up quickly. Reserve your spot today!
For more details, head to the Goldbelly Blog!
Located in the heart of New Orleans’ Garden District, Commander’s Palace has been serving its famous Haute Creole cuisine since 1893. Emeril Lagasse, Paul Prudhomme, Jamie Shannon, Tory McPhail, and now Meg Bickford are just some of the chefs who have led the kitchen over the years. This New Orleans restaurant, known for its garlic bread, turtle soup, and seafood gumbo, is the winner of seven James Beard Foundation Awards.
Limited Edition: This Meal Kit includes a FREE Goldbelly LIVE! Cook-Along with Commander’s Palace’s Chef Meg Bickford! First Come, First Served!
This package serves 2 people and includes everything you need to make the complete meal, dessert and one BYOB cocktail kit.
Citrus & Crab Salad
- Jumbo Lump Crab (6 oz.)
- 1 Whole Satsuma, Grapefruit, or Blood Orange
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 bulb of Fennel, Shaved
- Citrus Herb Olive Oil (1 oz.)
Commander’s Chicory Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Pork Tenderloin (6 oz.)
- Chicory & Coffee Dry Rub (2 oz.)
- 1 Small Bouquet of Maggie’s Mushrooms
- Dry Polenta (1/2 Cup)
- Creole Cream Cheese (2 oz.)
- Heavy Cream
- Chicken Broth
- Fresh Thyme
- Chicory & Coffee Glaze (3 oz.)
Pumpkin Spiced Apple & Pear Cobbler
- Cobbler, Pre-packed in an Aluminum Foil Container (16 oz.)
- Sea Salt Caramel (4 oz.)
Commander’s Palace BYOB Cocktail “Tequila Mockingbird #2”
- “Tequila Mockingbird #2” Mixer (8.5 oz.)
You Will Need
For the Salad:
Paring knife or serrated knife, 2 mixing bowls, arugula (1 oz.) or bibb lettuce (1 oz.), kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
For the Pork Tenderloin & Sides:
Oven-safe 10"-12" saute pan, 1/2 sheet tray, cutting board, small 6"-8" saute pan, tongs, chef’s knife (utility knife), 1-Qt. sauce pot, vegetable oil, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, brandy (suggested but not necessary), unsalted butter
For the Cobbler:
Pre-heated oven, vanilla bean ice cream (suggested but not necessary)
For the Cocktails:
BYOB – Reposado Tequila is encouraged, shaker, cocktail glasses, ice
- Citrus & Crab Salad – Jumbo Lump Crab, Satsuma, Grapefruit, Cherry Tomatoes, Bulb of Fennel Shaved, Citrus Herb Olive Oil: Olive Oil, Orange Zest, Lemon Zest, Lime Zest, Fresh Thyme, Tarragon
- Commander’s Chicory Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin – Pork Tenderloin Chicory & Coffee Dry Rub: Chicory & Coffee, Brown Sugar, Creole Seasoning, Chicory & Coffee Glaze: Chicken Stock, Onions, Celery, Carrots, Corn Syrup, Molasses, Sugarcane Syrup, Commander’s Palace Chicory & Coffee Blend, Orange Peel, Brandy
- Pumpkin Spiced Apple & Pear Cobbler – Apples, Pears, All Purpose Flour, Butter, Butter Milk, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Sugar, Salt, Baking Spices, Oats, Pecans, Cream
- Tequila Mockingbird #2 Mixer – Limoncello, Lemon Juice, Angostura Bitters, Simple Syrup
Instructions / Storage
- This kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place all ingredients in the refrigerator until the class
- Please ensure all elements are fully thawed before class
Crab & Citrus Salad
- Transfer the crab meat into a salad bowl.
- Strain water off of the shaved fennel and add to the salad bowl.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and add to the salad bowl.
- Clean blood orange and satsuma. Remove pith and segment. Add to salad bowl.
- Add additional greens that you may have in house – we like to use arugula.
- Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle on the citrus olive oil.
- Hand toss ingredients together.
- Pick greens out of the bowl and place the greens onto a clean plate.
- Lay the remaining ingredients over the greens.
Commander’s Chicory Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 325*F
- Be sure to temper pork for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Sprinkle the chicory coffee crust onto a flat plate and roll the pork in it to coat evenly.
- Drop of salad oil onto the pork to rub in the chicory coffee crust.
- Place cast iron pan on stove with a drizzle of salad oil at medium high heat and let the pan get hot.
- Sear the pork on all sides for about 1 minute on each side.
- Place entire pan into the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- Small dice the shallot. Reserve half for the polenta and half for the mushrooms.
- Place a small quart sauce pot on the stove at medium heat.
- Add the butter, oil and shallots to the sauce pot. Let the shallots sweat.
- Add whole thyme sprigs.
- Add chicken stock and heavy cream.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Remove thyme sprigs with a slotted spoon or a pair of tongs.
- Season the liquid with salt & pepper.
- As the liquid continues to simmer, add in your polenta.
- Cook and stir your polenta continuously until it is soft. This will only take a few minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and fold in Creole Cream Cheese until fully incorporated.
- Set polenta to the side.
- Pick 1 sprig of thyme.
- Smash 1 garlic clove.
- Place small saute pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Add a touch of butter and oil (1tsp each).
- Let the pan get hot.
- Add the reserved diced shallot from earlier to the pan.
- Add the picked thyme.
- Add the smashed garlic clove.
- Saute gently for a minute.
- Add in mushrooms.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Optional – deglaze pan with brandy if you have some!
- Remove pork from the oven and let it rest. Do not cut it yet!
- Warm chicory coffee glaze in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stop and stir every 30 seconds until hot.
- Place polenta onto the center of a serving plate
- Place half of the mushrooms onto the polenta
- Slice pork and fan over the mushrooms
- Top the pork with the remaining mushrooms
- Start with a large spoonful of chicory glaze right over top of the pork and then drizzle around the pork and onto the plate
- Commander’s Palace ships their Live Class on Wednesday, December 9, Please order before Tuesday, December 8 at 4 pm ET.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.