These traditional Argentinian empanadas are baked and not fried, and filled with a mixture of beef, onions, eggs, olives, and special seasonings. Just pop them into your oven until they’re golden brown and delicious, and serve with zingy, tomatoey llajua sauce!
Chef Francis Mallmann is synonymous with Argentinian cuisine. In fact, he’s South America’s most famous celebrity chef! The chef, TV host, and cookbook author is perhaps the world’s most renowned ambassador of traditional Patagonian-style open-fire barbecue, and he owns several restaurants in his native Argentina along with ones as far-flung as Uruguay, Miami Beach, and Aix-en-Provence, France. Mallmann famously hangs and slow-cooks meat over a raging fire, a traditional gaucho technique that was the focal point of his featured episode of Netflix’s acclaimed “Chef’s Table.”
This package serves 4-6 people and includes
- 12 Traditional Beef Empanadas
- Llajua Sauce (14 oz.)
- Each Empanada measures approx. 3.5" – 4"
- Empanada Dough – All Purpose Flour, Salt, Water, Pig Lard
- Empanada Filling – Sirloin, Onions, Scallions, Butter, Green Olives, Oregano, Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Salt, Pepper Black Coarse, Eggs
- Llajua Sauce – Tomato, Parsley, Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, Red Wine Vinegar, Garlic, Oregano, Chili Powder, Salt
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival Empanadas may be kept frozen for up to 30 days.
- Defrost before serving.
- To defrost, ensure empanadas are separated before defrosting in a refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
- Sauce may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in its original packaging.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place thawed empanadas on a baking sheet and cook until the dough begins to brown on top, approximately 10-20 minutes depending on your oven.
- Serve with Llajua Sauce.
- Chef Francis Mallmann ships Tuesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.