Best Seller Sausage Rolls - 6 Pack
Hundreds and thousands of bakeries vyed for the title but Bourke Street Bakery prevailed taking home the title of AUSTRALIA’S BEST SAUSAGE ROLL. Shaped like a sausage but actually made from ground meat wrapped in a puff pastry – it takes two days to make this delectable flaky, award-winning pastry.
Founded in 2004 by Paul Allam and David McGuinness, Bourke Street Bakery was born & bred on the other side of the world on a charming, tree-lined street on a now-famous little corner in Sydney, Australia. Over 15 years later, the bakery now has 13 branches in Australia, and Allam moved to New York to open their first location in NYC. The iconic bakery has been wholeheartedly embraced by New Yorkers who scramble for a taste of their house-baked sourdoughs, sausage rolls, and beef pies. At their New York location, Alam uses mostly local ingredients, except for the lamb which is flown in directly from Australia.
This package serves 6 people and includes 6 Sausage Rolls
- Each Sausage Roll is approximately ½ lb. and measures 6″ × 1.5″
- Sausage Rolls arrive unbaked
Sausage Rolls Include
- 2 Pork & Fennel – Bursting with flavor this pork & fennel sausage roll is imitated by many but none rise up to the golden perfection of Bourke Street’s original.
- 2 Lamb, Almond, & Harissa – The ground Aussie lamb encased by a golden, buttery flaky pastry is packed with flavor and spice and is famous for turning vegetarians back onto meat. A perfectly balanced combination of flavor, texture and taste
- 2 Chickpea, Eggplant, Fetta, & Mint – This is one for the plant lovers who still need a sausage roll fix. Another wonderful flavor punching combination that will make it hard to stop at one
- Pork & Fennel – ground pork, extra virgin olive oil, onion, carrot, celery, fennel seeds, garlic, thyme, salt, white pepper, bread crumbs, milk. Pastry – Flour, Salt, Butter, Vinegar
- Lamb, Almond, & Harissa – ground Australian lamb, harissa (red capsicum, onions, garliccrished chili, corriander seeds, smoked paprika), almonds, cous cous, currants, black pepper, salt. Pastry – Flour, Salt, Butter, Vinegar
- Chickpea, Eggplant, Fetta, & Mint – Chickpea, confit garlic, onions, tahini, extra virgin olive oil, salt, eggplant, white pepper, spinach, lemon juice, cumin seeds, fetta, mint, corriander, oregano. Pastry – Flour, Salt, Butter, Vinegar
Instructions / Storage
- Sausage Rolls ship unbaked and frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove rolls from box and place in the freezer until ready to bake.
- May be kept frozen for up to 3 months
- Bake from frozen
- Preheat oven to 390 F
- Remove sausage rolls from packaging
- Place sausage rolls on tray in the oven
- Bake for 15 mins and turn tray
- Bake for a further 20-25 minutes
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Bourke Street Bakery ships Wednesday & Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.