New Haven-style pizza, or “apizza” as the locals call it, is widely recognized as one of the best styles of pizza. Zuppardi’s Apizza has specialized in this regional delicacy since 1934, and is now run by sister’s Lori and Cheryl Zuppardi. To them, the pizzeria, opened by their grandfather, Dominic, is a more than 80-year-old family heirloom to be treasured.
This Taste of Italy offers a chance to try both the traditional Plain and the Mozzarella New Haven-style pies. The traditional plain consists of a deliciously chewy and perfectly charred crust, oregano, and tomato sauce. This pie does not include Mozzarella, just a bit of pecorino romano sprinkled on top – sound’s simple, but its the real classic and an absolute must try!
Please Note: Pizzas May Arrive Thawed. Thawed Pizzas Are Safe to Eat and Refreeze
This pack serves 10-12 people and includes 6 New Haven-Style Apizza Pies (10" each)
- 3 Traditional Plain
- 3 Mozzarella
Allergies Include: Gluten, Dairy, Garlic, Soy
Instructions / Storage
- Pies ship with dry ice
- Dry ice may dissipate in transit and pies may arrive thawed
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Store pies in the freezer until ready to serve and may be frozen for up to 6 months
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place pizza directly on center oven rack, bake pizza for 10-12 minutes.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Zuppardi’s Apizza ships Tuesday and Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.