Celebrate Shabbat in style with the ultimate in Jewish comfort foods! The meal begins with a braided round challah, served with a selection of dips and salads, like house-made Boursin cheese, Romanian eggplant, and cucumber salad. Next up is traditional matzo ball soup with soul-warming chicken broth. The centerpiece of the meal is a coffee braised brisket, slow-cooked until it’s fall-apart tender, served with a schmaltzy potato kugel. Chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons complete the meal.
Chef Michael Solomonov’s Abe Fisher, Zahav’s sister restaurant, celebrates the food of the Jewish Diaspora, from Eastern Europe to New York City and beyond. In 2015, the restaurant earned a James Beard Foundation semifinalist nomination for “Best New Restaurant".
This package serves 4-6 people and includes everything you need to make a 3-course Shabbat meal featuring Abe Fisher’s Coffee Braised Brisket:
- Boursin (8 oz)
- Borscht Tartare (8 oz)
- Romanian Eggplant (8 oz)
- Cucumber Salad (8 oz)
- Health Salad (8 oz)
- Marinated Peppers (8 oz)
- Braided Challah (14 oz)
- Chicken Soup (48 oz)
- 6 Matzo Balls (30 oz total)
- Coffee Braised Brisket with Carrots and Potatoes (60 oz)
- Potato Kugel (17 oz)
- 6 Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons (18 oz total)
Boursin: Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Butter, Roasted Garlic, Parsley, Dill, Chives, Salt, White Pepper. Contains: Dairy, Garlic.
Borscht Tartare: Beets, Horseradish, Sugar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Shallots, Dijon, Olive Oil, Parsley, Chives, Dill, Salt. Contains: Shallots, Mustard.
Romanian Eggplant: Eggplant, Olive Oil, Garlic, Roasted Red Peppers, Urfa Pepper, Smoked Paprika, Salt, Lemon Juice. Contains: Garlic, Peppers, Citrus.
Cucumber Salad: Cucumbers, Shallots, Vinegar, Sugar, Salt. Contains: Shallots.
Health Salad: Green Cabbage, Vinegar, Salt, Sugar, Long Hot Peppers, Green Bell Peppers, White Onions, Cilantro, Dill, Scallions. Contains: Peppers, Onion.
Marinated Peppers: Roasted Bell Pepper, Olive Oil, Sliced Garlic, Sherry Vinegar, Honey, Salt, Sweetie Spice (Caraway, Allspice, Cinnamon, Ginger, Candied Orange Peel). Contains: Peppers, Honey, Garlic, Citrus.
Braided Challah: Flour, Yeast, Canola Oil, Honey, Egg Yolks, Water, Salt. Contains: Wheat, Honey, Gluten, Egg.
Chicken Soup: Chicken, Celery, Onion, Carrots, Garlic, Parsley, Thyme, Black Pepper, All Spice, Turmeric, Ginger, Canola Oil, Baking Powder, Paprika. Contains: Onion, Garlic, Egg.
Matzo Balls: Schmaltz, Matzoh Meal (Contains Gluten), Eggs, Baking Powder, Black Pepper, Parsley, Dill, Chives. Contains: Wheat, Gluten, Egg.
Coffee Braised Brisket with Carrots and Potatoes: Beef Brisket, Onions, Chicken Stock (Celery, Carrot, Allspice, Black Pepper, Ginger, Garlic, Turmeric, Thyme, Salt), Garlic, Carrots, Potatoes, Cardamom, Coffee, Black Pepper, Salt. Contains: Onion, Garlic.
Potato Kugel: Russet And Yukon Gold Potatoes, Spanish Onions, Salt, Potato Flour, Baking Powder, Schmaltz, Eggs. Contains: Onion, Egg.
Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons: Coconut, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Sugar, Salt, Bittersweet Chocolate (Contains Soy Lecithin), Canola Oil. Contains: Wheat, Gluten, Dairy, Soy
Instructions / Storage
- Meal Kit ships fresh with ice packs which may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place all items in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Store the Macaroons and Challah at room temperature.
- Enjoy the Meal Kit within 3 days of arrival.
- About an hour and a half before serving, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- When the oven is preheated, remove the lid from the kugel and re-cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven for approximately 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove the brisket, salads, and spreads from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Half an hour before serving, cut open the two bags of chicken soup, empty them into a medium saucepan, and bring to a simmer.
- Bring a separate, large pot of water to a simmer and add the matzo balls and brisket to it, still in their bags.
- Check the brisket and matzo balls after 30 minutes; if they are still not hot, simmer for 5-7 more minutes.
- Cut open the bags of salads and spreads and arrange in serving dishes.
- If you would like the challah to be warm, place it on a baking sheet in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Open the bag of matzo balls and place one in each bowl.
- Ladle the chicken soup on top and serve.
- Cut open the bags of brisket and plate them on a large platter.
- Serve with challah, salads, kugel, and soup.
- Enjoy (and don’t forget about the macaroons for dessert)!
- Meal Kits from Abe Fisher ship Wednesdays and Thursdays of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.