This is Yardbird’s famous 27-hour brined fried chicken, dredged in founder John Kunkel’s grandma’s secret spice blend and fried in lard. It comes with all the fixins: honey hot sauce, five-cheese mac & cheese, fresh buttermilk biscuits with honey butter and apple jam, and some Nashville hot chicken-inspired Carolina Reaper rub to spice it up!
Miami may be about as far south as you can get in the U.S., but The Magic City wasn’t much of a destination for Southern comfort food until Yardbird opened its doors in the heart of South Beach in 2011. The brainchild of acclaimed restaurateur John Kunkel, Yardbird immediately drew rave reviews and huge crowds for its hearty and comforting regional Southern fare, and it remains a Miami must-visit to this day.
This package serves 6-8 people and includes
- 4 Fried Chicken Breasts
- 4 Fried Chicken Thighs
- 4 Fried Chicken Drums
- 4 Fried Chicken Wings
- 8 Biscuits
- Mac and Cheese (32 oz.)
- Apple Jam (4 oz.)
- Honey Butter (4 oz.)
- 1 squeeze bottle Honey Hot Sauce (4 oz.)
- Reaper Rub (1 oz.)
- Each biscuit measures 2.5″ × 2.5″
Chicken, Paprika, Cayenne, Salt, Sugar, Butter, Flour, Honey, Pork, Carolina Reapers Peppers, Salt, Black Pepper, Crystals Hot Sauce, Apples, Brown Sugar, Molassas, Cheddar, Onion, Garlic, Cream Cheese, Panko Bread Crumbs, Red Leichester Cheese, Parmesan, White Cheddar, Milk, Oil, Pork Lard
Instructions / Storage
- This kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove packaging and place immediately in the fridge or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 days and frozen for up to 2 weeks
- Allow all items to defrost fully before reheating
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove all sealed food packages from box and open
- Set Honey Butter atop oven to bring to room temperature
- Place Chicken pieces skin side up on to a baking sheet
- Place Biscuits on a separate baking sheet spaced at least 1 inch apart
- Place Fried Chicken and biscuits into the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes
- Scoop Mac and Cheese into a small saucepot and warm through while stirring periodically
- Once the timer sounds the biscuits should be golden brown and everything can be * removed from the oven
- Internal temperature of Mac & Cheese and Fried Chicken should be above 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of Honey Butter in a small pan and use the brush provided to coat the tops of the biscuits then plate with butter and jam
- Place Mac and Cheese in serving vessel and top with toasted breadcrumbs
- To spice things up, give your Fried Chicken a little shake of our signature Nashville Hot Carolina Reaper Rub (at your own risk)
- Yardbird ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.