Make Valentine’s Day extra special this year with Wayfare Tavern’s Valentine’s Day Dinner for 2. A chateaubriand with truffle jus paired with lobster mac & cheese, forest mushrooms, and applewood bacon-wrapped scallops. Finish off your romantic meal with a selection of French macarons,
Tyler Florence is more than just a Food Network star: he’s also a ridiculously talented chef, and his Wayfare Tavern is one of San Francisco’s most beloved restaurants. Since opening in 2010, its elevated comfort food has kept the crowds coming, but there’s no need to travel to San Francisco to try it: all you have to do is heat it up and dig in.
This package serves 2 people and includes:
- Chateaubriand (1 lb.)
- Forest Mushrooms (4 oz.)
- Truffle Jus (3 oz.)
- Lobster Mac & Cheese (8 oz.)
- 6 Applewood Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Blood Orange Chili Sauce (3 oz.)
- 7 Assorted French Macarons
- Center Cut Filet – Filet Mignon
- Forest Mushrooms – A Mixture of Shitaki, Button and Hen of the Woods Mushrooms
- Truffle Jus – Onion, Garlic, Red Wine, Black Truffle, Chicken Stock
- Lobster Mac & Cheese – Milk, Pasta, Lemon, Tarragon, Lobster, Monterey Jack Cheese
- Applewood Bacon Wrapped Scallops – Scallops, Bacon
- Blood Orange Chili Sauce – Blood Orange Juice, Grenadine, Fresno Chili
- Macarons – Flour, Sugar, Almond Flour, Egg Whites
Instructions / Storage
- Valentine’s Day Dinner ships with ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- Keep All items refrigerated until you are ready to serve
- Enjoy within 1-3 days of receiving
- Freezing is not recommended
Applewood Smoked Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Preheat Oven to 375
- Place Scallops on a Lightly Greased Cookie Sheet and Bake for 6 Minutes
- Check Them at the 6 Minute Mark and if Needed Flip Them Over With Tongs
- Cook for Another 5-6 Minutes Until the Bacon Is Crispy on Both Sides
Sweet Chili Orange Sauce
- Can Be Served at Room Temperature
- Carefully Cut Open the Bag and Either Drizzle Over Each Bite or Place it in a Dish to Use as a Dipping Sauce
Chateaubriand for Two
- Take the Sealed Filet Out of the Refrigerator to Bring to Room Temperature (This Will Take Around 15 – 45 Minutes)
- While You Wait for the Meat to Come to Room Temperature Bring a Large Pot 10 – 10 Qts Fill ¾ of the Way With Water and Bring to a Simmer (Not a Rolling Boil, but You Should See Small, Slow Gentle Bubbles)
- Once the Filet Has Come to Room Temperature – Remove From the Bag and Place on a Lined Baking Sheet
- Your Oven Should Be Preheated From Cooking the Scallops but if Not, Make Sure You Bring It to 375 Before You Place in the Filet
- Bake at 375 for Around 15m for Medium Rare, 20-25 for Medium 30 Minutes for Well Done
- Once Cooked, Allow It to Rest for 5 -8 Minutes Before Slicing. (Use Your Meat Thermometer for the Best Results)
- To Slice – Cut the Filet Slices About 1 Inch Thick. With Any Steak Cut, You Should Always Slice Against the Grain, Which Means Against the Direction That the Muscle Fibers Run. Divide Slices Between Two Plates.
Lobster Mac & Cheese
- Place the Sealed Bag of Mac & Cheese Gently Into the Simmering Water, Be Careful to Make Sure the Whole Bag Is Submerged and No Plastic Is Hanging Over the Side of the Pot.
- Cook for 10 -15 Minutes. Do This Just a Few Minutes After You Place Your Filet in the Oven
- To Plate Remove the Bag From the Water Using Tongs, Cut Open the Bag, Plate Desired Amount, and Sprinkle the Top With Breadcrumbs.
Roasted Forest Mushrooms
- Place the Sealed Bag of Mushrooms Into the Simmering Water and Reheat for 6-8 Minutes – for Optimal Timing Do This Right Before You Remove the Steak From the Oven
- When You Are Ready to Plate – Simply Remove From the Water With Tongs, Cut Open the Bag and Plate Alongside Your Filet Slices.
Black Truffle Jus
- Place the Sealed Bag Into the Simmering Water Alongside the Forest Mushrooms, Cook for 5-8 Minutes
- Carefully Remove From the Water With Tongs, Cut Open and Pour Into a Gravy Boat or Serving Dish of Your Choice
- Drizzle Jus Over Filet When You Are Ready to Serve
- Wayfare Taven ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.