Wagshal’s ships its famous sandwiches nationwide on Goldbelly! As one of the few old fashioned butcher shops left in the Washington, D.C. area, Wagshal’s does everything in-house, from butchering their own meats to perfectly roasting tender cuts of ham. Try Wagshal’s ham sandwich made with their famous house-made Russian dressing that has been served to US Presidents since Truman.
In 1925, Sam Wagshal and his 13-year-old son, Ben, opened a family delicatessen on the corner of 9th and G St. just blocks away from the US Capitol in Washington, D.C. This family owned and operated delicatessen has become a D.C. monument of its own, satisfying constituents with artisanal breads baked daily in house, expertly butchered local meats, and a hand cut Prime brisket sandwich—D.C.’s most beautiful marbled landmark. With its reputation as one of the best old fashioned butcher shops and sandwich shops in the area, Wagshal’s has served a number of US Presidents from Truman to Ford, earning the nickname “The President’s Deli.”
- Each package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 2 lbs Ham
- 1/2 pint Russian Dressing
- 1/2 pint Mustard
- 12 slices of Rye Bread
- 4 Whole Pickles
- This product only ships overnight in the summer
Instructions / Storage
- Wagshal’s sandwiches arrive unassembled on ice packs.
- Refrigerate meat, mustard and pickles upon arrival.
- Wagshal’s ships Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.