Pastelitos de Guayaba - 2 Dozen
There’s a reason "Guava lovers swear by Vicky’s pastelito de guayaba.” (Eater Miami), each specialty Cuban pastry is made with a family recipe that has been passed down from abuelito to abuelo.
Antonio and Gelasia Cao fell in love over 50 years ago while working at Cuba’s most renowned bakery at the time, La Vencedora. The couple married and migrated to Miami as political exiles, and soon had enough money saved up to buy a small bakery in Hialeah. In 1972, Antonio and Gelasia opened Vicky Bakery. They started making pastries the way they made them in Cuba, and they’ve been incredibly successful. To this day, Vicky Bakery hasn’t changed their recipes!
This package serves 12 people and includes 24 Pastelitos de Guayaba
- Pastelitos arrive unbaked
- Arrive in 2 branded boxes (12 Pastelitos each)
- Includes parchment paper for baking
Contains: Dairy, Eggs, Gluten
Instructions / Storage
- Pastelitos ship unbaked and frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Place immediately in the freezer, may be kept frozen for up to 1 month
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- While the oven is preheating take the provided parchment paper and place on a baking tray
- Separate the pastries and place them at least ½” apart from each other on the tray.
- Place tray in the center of the oven and set timer 35 minutes (baking times may vary by oven*
- While the pastries are baking the simple syrup can be made.
- Take 1/2 cup of granulated sugar in a small sauce pan and add 1/4 cup water. Stir on medium to high heat. Once the sugar is dissolved and mixture is brought to a boil, remove from heat.
- After the 35 minutes, bring the oven temperature up to 400 degrees and bake for an additional 11 minutes.
- Once the pastries are done remove from oven and brush on simple syrup while they are still hot.
- Let the pastries cool down which will take about 10-15 minutes and enjoy.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Vicky Bakery ships Monday – Thursday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.