Creamy mushroom and vegetable soup.
Veselka has been an institution in the East Village since opening in 1954. Founded by Ukrainian refugees Wolodymyr and Olha Darmochwal, this 24-hour Ukranian restaurant is still family-owned and run today. Veselka has been featured in the New York Times, Serious Eats, London Times, and more, and their pierogi have been included in Eater’s “New York City’s 30 Most Iconic Dishes” and Thrillist’s “Most Important Food Dishes in NYC History.”
- Choose up to 4 quarts of Mushroom Barley Soup
- Soups arrive in quart containers. Each quart serves 2
Button mushrooms, unsalted butter, carrots, celery, vegetable stock, cram of mushroom soup, barley, black pepper
Instructions / Storage
- Soups are made to order, frozen and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Upon arrival, place the package in the refrigerator or in the freezer
- Soups can be stored in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months
- To serve, pour the soup in a pot and reheat on the stove. Do not microwave in the container provided
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Veselka ships Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.