Veselka’s Grilling Pack is a a great way to share Veselka’s signature sausages with friends and family this summer. This pack includes traditional Kielbasa, Cabanos, and Krayana sausages, as well as Housemade Sauerkraut and Beet and Horseradish Salad.
Veselka has been an institution in the East Village since opening in 1954. Founded by Ukrainian refugees Wolodymyr and Olha Darmochwal, this 24-hour Ukranian restaurant is still family-owned and run today. Veselka has been featured in the New York Times, Serious Eats, London Times, and more, and their pierogi have been included in Eater’s “New York City’s 30 Most Iconic Dishes” and Thrillist’s “Most Important Food Dishes in NYC History.”
- This package serves approx. 6-8 people
- 1 lb. Kielbasa – Classic smoked pork sausage
- 1 lb. Cabanos – Thin, dry pork sausage
- 1 lb. Krayana – Course smoked pork sausage
- 1 qt. Housemade Sauerkraut
- 1 pint Beet & Horseradish Salad
Kielbasa Link: Pork, garlic, salt, curing salt, sugar, white pepper, natural casing (pork)
Kabanos: Pork, garlic, salt, curing salt, sugar, caraway, white pepper, natural casing (sheep)
Krayana: Pork, Beef, garlic, salt, curing salt, white pepper, natural casing (pork)
Sauerkraut: Green cabbage, onions, carrots, all spice, black peppercorns, salt
Beet & Horseradish Salad: Red beets, prepared horseradish, salt
Instructions / Storage
- Sausages are shipped with ice packs and arrive fully cooked.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Sauerkraut and Beet & Horseradish Salad should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Simply cook defrosted sausages on the grill or in the oven at 350 degrees until hot in the center.
- Sauerkraut should be reheated on the stove until hot.
- Beet & Horseradish Salad should be served cold.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Veselka ships on Monday and Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.