Sfogliatelle - 12 Pack
This flaky, ridged, shell-shaped Italian pastry may be tough to pronounce, but it’s sure delicious to eat! Sfogliatelle (pronounced sfo-lyah-TEL-ay) are filled with semolina ricotta cream and enhanced with a hint of orange & citron. When served warm, they’re a perfect crispy accompaniment to espresso, cappuccino, or your favorite coffee.
Way back in 1894, a Southern Italian immigrant named Antonio Veniero opened his own social club on 11th Street between First and Second Avenues in New York City. Several years later, Antonio brought several “mastro pasticcieres” (master bakers) over from Sicily and Veniero’s became a full-scale Italian pasticceria. More than 125 years since its opening, Veniero’s Pasticceria & Caffé is still owned by the Veniero family, and it’s a true East Village landmark. It’s one of New York’s only remaining old-world Italian bakeries, and many of the original recipes are still in use to this day.
This package serves 12 people and includes 12 Sfogliatelle
Sugar, Semolina, Ricotta, Diced Orange, Orange Oil Flavor, Cinnamon Flavor, Eggs, Full Strength Enriched Bromated Flour Bleach, Vegetable Shortening.
Instructions / Storage
- Sfogliatelle ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Open plastic pouches and place frozen sfogliatelle on a cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow sfogliatelle to cool.
- Veniero’s ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.