These classic Quarzimali cookies, also known as Lenten almond biscuits, are made according to an old Veniero family recipe, using simple ingredients including almonds and cinnamon oil.
Antonio Veniero immigrated to New York City from Southern Italy in 1885, and by 1894 he’d saved up enough money to open his own social club on 11th Street between First and Second Avenues. Eventually Antonio brought several “mastro pasticcieres” (master bakers) over from Sicily and Veniero’s became a full-scale Italian pasticceria. More than 125 years since its founding, Veniero’s Pasticceria & Caffé is one of New York’s only remaining old-world Italian bakeries, still using many of its original recipes. It’s still owned by the Veniero family, and it’s a true East Village landmark.
This package includes your choice of 2 lbs., 3 lbs., 4 lbs., 5 lbs., or 6 lbs. of Quarzimali Cookies
- Each pound serves 8-10 people and includes approx. 18-20 cookies
Almonds, Sugar, Cinnamon Oil, Cinnamon Sticks, Vegetable Shortening, Eggs, Cake Pastry Flour, Ammonium Carbonate.
Allergens: Eggs, Almonds
Instructions / Storage
- Cookies ship fresh and arrive ready to enjoy!
- Upon arrival, place cookies at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Cookies last up to 1 week at room temperature in plastic wrap or up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Veniero’s ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.