Steakhouse Dinner Kit for 4
Underbelly Hospitality’s Georgia James steakhouse was named one of the best new restaurants in America by GQ and in Texas by Texas Monthly for a reason—a strong commitment to sourcing and technique. This steakhouse dinner for four allows you to bring this steakhouse experience home with signature items from the restaurant: a boneless ribeye with red potatoes, Hen of the Woods Mushrooms, and creamed collard greens, with apple pie for dessert!
The 20-ounce ribeye is sourced from 44 Farms in Cameron, Texas; the quality of the cattle and the care they provide their cows is unmatched. The produce is sourced from Atkinson Farms. And finally, pastry chef Victoria Dearmond’s famous apple pie gives this dinner a deliciously sweet ending!
This package includes a QR code to a video of Chef Chris Shepherd demonstrating how to cast iron sear a steak — the best way to cook a steak, in his opinion.
When chef Chris Shepherd opened Underbelly in Houston in 2012, it sent shock waves through the city’s restaurant scene. The goal of the restaurant was to share the overlapping, porous, and sometimes messy story of the food of his city. The menu changed nightly, and there were no rules except for the requirements that everything be sourced from within 150 miles and that every dish explore the “underbelly” of Houston’s culinary heritage. Shepherd won the 2014 James Beard Award for Best Chef: Southwest, and Underbelly was named one of the best new restaurants in the country. Today, Underbelly’s philosophy lives on through his restaurant group, Underbelly Hospitality.
This packages serves 4 people and includes:
- 2 Boneless Ribeyes (each approx 20 oz.)
- 2 bags Red Potatoes (each 10 oz.)
- 2 bags Hen of the Woods Mushrooms (each 4 oz.)
- 2 bags Creamed Collard Greens (each 16 oz.)
- Unsalted Butter (4 oz.)
- Thyme (0.5 oz.)
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Apple Pies (each approx. 24 oz. and 4")
- Choose to add Korean Braised Beef + Dumplings for 2
- 1 bag Korean Braised Beef and Dumplings (16 oz.)
- Sesame Seeds (0.25 oz.)
Ribeye, Potatoes, Hen Of The Woods Mushrooms, Garlic, Thyme, Butter, Salt
Creamed Collard Greens – Collard Greens, Heavy Cream, Shallot, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Black Pepper, Flour, Blended Oil
Apple Pie – Flour, Butter, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Salt. Gala Apple, Granny Smith Apple, Brown Sugar, Ginger, Black Pepper, Salt, Apple Cider Vinegar, Nutmeg, Cinnamon.
Korean Braised Beef + Dumplings – Rice, Water, Gochujang, Beer, Sesame Oil, Rece Wine Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic, Blended Oil, Onion, Pilsner Beer, Braised Beef, Carrot, Celery
Instructions / Storage
- Package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, place items in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Items last up to 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- If frozen, allow steak to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before cooking.
- Korean Braised Beef + Dumpling add-on will last up to 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- In a medium-size sauce pot, add water until the pot is half full and bring to simmer.
- Place the creamed greens, still in the bag, to warm.
- Pull the steak out and let come close to room temperature for 1 hour prior to cooking.
- In a castiron or heavy bottom saute pan, turn on medium/high heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp. blended oil (not included) and let warm.
- Season steak liberally with salt and pepper (kosher salt preferred, not included), and carefully place in pan.
- Sear for 5 minutes, then carefully flip.
- Sear for another 5 minutes, add garlic, thyme, and butter, and baste for 3 minutes (for Medium Rare).
- Remove steak and let rest, with the pan still on, add gently smashed potatoes and sear on each side until crispy. Remove potatoes from the pan, add mushrooms, and sear well.
- If frozen, let product thaw before reheating.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and place unwrapped pie on a small sheet tray and warm for 15-20 minutes until warm inside.
Korean Braised Beef + Dumplings Add-On
- If frozen, let product thaw before reheating.
- Remove product from packaging, and place in a medium-size saucepot over low/medium heat, stirring constantly until warm throughout and dumplings are soft.
- Portion and top with sesame seeds.
- Underbelly by Chris Shepherd ships Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.