Beer Can Chicken - 2 Pack
You better believe it: chicken really does taste better when it’s roasted upright with a can of beer as the base! Not only is this chicken moist and juicy on the inside, the upright roasting position guarantees a crispy brown skin the whole way around. This kit contains two whole beer can chickens, along with spicy housemade mayo-based comeback sauce!
When chef Chris Shepherd opened Underbelly in Houston in 2012, it sent shock waves through the city’s restaurant scene. The goal of the restaurant was to share the overlapping, porous, and sometimes messy story of the food of his city. The menu changed nightly, and there were no rules except for the requirements that everything be sourced from within 150 miles and that every dish explore the “underbelly” of Houston’s culinary heritage. Shepherd won the 2014 James Beard Award for Best Chef: Southwest, and Underbelly was named one of the best new restaurants in the country. Today, Underbelly’s philosophy lives on through his restaurant group, Underbelly Hospitality.
This packages serves 6-8 people and includes:
- 2 Beer Can Chickens (each approx 2.5 lbs.)
- Comeback Sauce (32 oz.)
- Choose to add Korean Braised Beef + Dumplings for 2
- 1 bag Korean Braised Beef and Dumplings (16 oz.)
- Sesame Seeds (0.25 oz.)
- Alcohol is burned off during cooking
Beer Can Chicken – Chicken, Salt, Sugar, Lemon, Creole Seasoning, Brown Sugar, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Msg, Pilsner Beer
Comeback Sauce – Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Garlic, Onion, Sriracha, Smoked Paprika, Black Pepper, Worcestershire, Lemon, Mustard Powder, Crystals Hot Sauce
Korean Braised Beef + Dumplings – Rice, Water, Gochujang, Beer, Sesame Oil, Rece Wine Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic, Blended Oil, Onion, Pilsner Beer, Braised Beef, Carrot, Celery
Instructions / Storage
- Package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, place chickens and sauce in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Chickens last up to 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- Sauce lasts up to 10 days in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- Korean Braised Beef + Dumpling add-on will last up to 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- If frozen, let chickens thaw before reheating.
- Remove from bag, place on a foil-lined tray, and heat at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Glaze with sauce, then put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
Korean Braised Beef + Dumplings Add-On
- If frozen, let product thaw before reheating.
- Remove product from packaging, and place in a medium-size saucepot over low/medium heat, stirring constantly until warm throughout and dumplings are soft.
- Portion and top with sesame seeds.
- Underbelly by Chris Shepherd ships Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.