The Big Ugly is the ultimate BBQ combo pack to make your backyard BBQ the envy of all! First, there is the pit-smoked pastrami brisket made from USDA Prime beef and smoked for over 12-hours. Then next you have a whole rack of Beeler’s Duroc pork baby back ribs – spice-rubbed and oak-smoked till perfectly cooked. And last up are our super-juicy and spicy Red Hots – a smoked pork sausage made with Heritage Berkshire pork. They select humanely raised pork and all of their meats are antibiotic-free.
Ugly Drum pastrami is hailed nationwide as some of the best pastrami that has ever been made. Created as a personal passion project by Chef Erik Black as a hybridized technique, Black combines his homemade classic Jewish pastrami brine with Texas-style pit-smoking. Previously available only out of Erik’s oil drum smoker (the “Ugly Drum”) at Smorgasburg Los Angeles, this Texas pastrami with a cult following is now just a click away. Ugly Drum has been lauded as “Smoked. Meat. Nirvana.” by LA Magazine and Vice Munchies described the pastrami as a “Beautiful Meat Mutant.”
This package serves 6 people and includes
- Pit-Smoked Half Pastrami Brisket (3 lbs.)
- Whole Rack of Baby Back Ribs (2.5 lbs.)
- 3 Ugly Drum Red Hot Heritage Pork Links (1 lb. Total)
- Carolina BBQ Mustard (11 oz.)
- Hot BBQ Sauce (10 oz.)
Pastrami Brisket: Corned beef brisket [cured with Water, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Erythorbate and Sodium nitrate], rubbed with Brown Sugar and Spices [Black Pepper, Coriander Seed, Garlic, Red pepper, Caraway Seed, and Fennel seed], Smoked with hardwood.
Allergens: Allium, Mustard seed
Baby Back Ribs: Pork Baby Back Ribs, Spice rub [Brown Sugar, Salt, paprika, Black pepper, Garlic, Ginger, Red Pepper & Onion], Smoked with hardwood
Red Hots Links: Pork Shoulder, Salt, Spices [Paprika, Garlic, Red Pepper, Brown Sugar, Black Pepper, Onion, Oregano], Sodium nitrate, Natural Pork Sasings, smoked with hardwood Allergens: Allium
Carolina BBQ-Mustard Sauce: Yellow Mustard, Vinegar, Sugar, Honey, Salt, Dijon Mustard, Whole Grain Mustard, Ketchup, Brown Sugar, Garlic, Onion, Paprika, Cayenne, Ginger, Celery seed, Black pepper, Rosemary
Allergens: Allium, Celery seed, Mustard seed
Hot BBQ Sauce: Vinegar, Ketchup, Molasses, Corn syrup, Tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce [contains Anchovy], Red pepper, Soy sauce, Salt, Chile powder, Onion, Garlic
Allergens: Allium, Anchovy, Soy
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove the packaging and refrigerate or freeze
- Items may be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 3 months
Brisket: #1 Method – Oven “Slow & Low”
- Defrost if still frozen
- Pre-heat oven to 300
- Remove brisket from plastic, bag and wrap in foil
- Put in a pan or on a sheet pan and place on rack in middle of oven
- Cook until meat thermometer reads 165 in thickest point
- This could take 90 minutes or much longer depending on many variables
Brisket: #2 Method – “Slice Cold and Steam”
- Slice meat
- Gently steam the slices to reheat them by
- Microwave for 10 seconds at a time until you see it is hot and just starting to steam
- Shallow steam in small pan with enough water just to cover the bottom of pan – use a lid and low heat
- Defrost overnight if frozen
- Mix 4 Tbs BBQ sauce with 4 Tbs water to make a glazing “mop”
- Brush the ribs with the mop
- Wrap ribs in foil•place in 300F oven for 30-60 minutes till steaming hot•cut ribs between the bones
- Serve with more more BBQ sauce on the side. Heat sauce first for best flavor.
Red Hot Links
- Defrost overnight if frozen
- Place links on a small sheet pan or oven proof pan
- Heat in 300F oven for 30 minutes or until hot all the way through or 165F measured with a meat thermometer.
- Ugly Drum ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.