Swiss Stack "Reuben" Sandwich Kit - 4 Pack
“Smoked. Meat. Nirvana.” – LA Magazine
You have never had a Reuben sandwich like this! Open only on Sundays at Smorgasburg L.A., Ugly Drum garnered an immediate cult following. There’s a reason why Ugly Drum still has some of the longest lines years after opening.
Their Pit-Smoked pastrami is smokey, melt-in-your-mouth tender, sweet, peppery, and sinfully decadent. So what is it that sets Ugly Drum apart? They have developed a method that is a glorious hybrid of Texas barbeque and classic New York deli techniques.
Ugly Drum uses fattier whole briskets that are wet brined in their proprietary seasoning blend for several days. Then, they are pit-smoked over low, indirect heat with mesquite charcoal and whole logs of oak and pecan wood for at least 10 hours. Just a bite of this pastrami will have pastrami and barbeque fanatics wondering how anything could taste so goo!.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 1 lb. Pit-Smoked Pastrami, sliced
- 1 “House” unsliced loaf from Bub & Grandma’s Bakery (8% rye, non-seeded)
- 8 slices domestic Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 pt. Russian Dressing
- 1/2 pt. Creamy Coleslaw
pastrami (not kosher), rye bread, swiss cheese, Russian dressing, creamy coleslaw (made with dairy)
Instructions / Storage
- This Reuben Kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove the packaging and refrigerate or freeze all items
- Items may be kept refrigerated for up to a week or frozen for up to 3 months
- Preheat oven to 400 and position rack in center
Double Bake Bread
- LIGHTLY wet the loaf of bread all over with water. do not run under a faucet!
- Use a pastry brush to limit the application to just a LIGHT layer of water.
- Place loaf in the oven directly on the middle rack
- Bake for a total of 15 minutes
- Remove loaf from the oven and wait 30 minutes to slice. use this time to reheat the pastrami
- Lower the oven temperature to 200
- Remove pastrami from the plastic bag
- Loosely wrap pastrami in foil
- Reheat for 30 minutes
- Turn the oven off and leave pastrami inside until ready to put on the sandwich
SHORT STACK VARIATION – Makes 4 Full Sandwiches
- Cut bread into ½ inch slices. starting on bottom slice, stack:
- 3 slices Pastrami
- 2 slices Swiss Cheese
- Spread Russian Dressing on the top slice
TALL STACK VARIATION – Makes 2 Extra Large Sandwiches (serves 4 people a 1/2 sandwich each)
- Use 1/2 lb. Pastrami per sandwich
- Save extra bread and cheese for another day
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Ugly Drum ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.