“MofonGO” with Roasted Pork Kit for 4
Triple Threat Truck’s traditional MofonGO is one of their most popular signature dishes! It’s made with green plantains that are fried and smashed to order with plenty of garlic and chicharones, and topped with slow-roasted pork pernil, pickled red onions, microgreens, and mojo sauce!
Prowling the streets of Los Angeles since 2017, the Triple Threat Truck is the city’s only Puerto Rican food truck! It was founded by the husband-and-wife duo of Omayra and George Dakis, who also won an episode of “Guy’s Grocery Games.” The truck’s lineup of authentic Puerto Rican specialties, including MofonGO with roast pork, bread pudding, and “tripleta” sandwiches, frequently draws lines of up to 200 people at its regular stops in the South Bay and Culver City.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- Roast Pork (24 oz.)
- Smashed MofonGO (40 oz.)
- Pickled Red Onions (2 oz.)
- Microgreens (0.4 oz.)
- Mojo Sauce ( 12 oz.)
Smashed MofonGO – Green Plantains, Garlic, Pork Rinds, Micro-Cilantro
Mojo Sauce – Blend Of Spices And Bitter Orange, Vinegar, Sugar, Onions, Soybean Oil
Mojo Pork Based Broth/ Roast Pork (Lechon) – Spices (Adobo), Onion, Garlic, Bay Leaves
Pickled Red Onions – Red Wine Vinegar, Salt, Pepper
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs
- Ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place items in the freezer or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Protein and bread may be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months
- In a small saucepan, warm up the contents of the mojo.
- Bring to a boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat, once hot, add the garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add plantain pieces and combine with garlic mixture.
- Slowly begin to pour the warmed mojo, one cup at a time.
- Begin to mash the plantain with a potato masher or remove and use a pilon.
- Add the remaining liquid and mash until you reach a mashed potato like consistency.
- Warm up the roast pork in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and add the remaining broth and top with the warm roast pork.
- Triple Threat Truck ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for * Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.