Roast Pork Sandwich Kit + T-Shirt for 4
No trip to Philly’s historic Reading Terminal Market, one of America’s finest food halls, is complete without grabbing a stool at DiNic’s and indulging in one of their insanely delicious roast pork sandwiches. It’s been a standby at the market since 1980, but its history dates back to 1918, when Gaetano Nicolosi opened a butcher shop in South Philly; the shop is still run by the Nicolosi family to this day.
To call this sandwich an icon would be an understatement. Many Philadelphians will tell you that they’d take a roast pork sandwich over a cheesesteak any day of the week, and that DiNic’s is THE place to try it. Slow-roasted Italian-seasoned pork, sliced impossibly thin, dunked into rich jus and piled into a roll from historic Philly bakery Sarcone’s along with garlicky broccoli rabe and sharp provolone… this is the definitive Philly-style roast pork sandwich, and it’s so good that it was crowned “The Best Sandwich in America” by the Travel Channel! Millions have made a pilgrimage to DiNic’s over the years to try this legendary sandwich, and now it’s shipping direct to your door, along with a DiNic’s t-shirt!
This package serves 4 people and includes everything you need to make 4 Sandwiches:
- 4 Sarcone’s Italian Rolls, choose seeded or unseeded
- 2 lbs. Pork
- 0.3 lb. Provolone
- 0.7 lb. Broccoli Rabe
- 20 oz. Pork Gravy
- 1 T-Shirt
- Once assembled, each sandwich measures 11"
- Roast Pork and Gravy – Fresh Hams, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Rosemary, Marjoram, Oregano, Red Pepper, Onion
- Broccoli Rabe – Broccoli Rabe, Salt, Pepper
- Red Pepper – Red Pepper, Garlic
- Olive Oil Blend – Soybean Oil, Olive Oil
- Sarcone’s Italian Rolls – Flour, Yeast, Salt, Malt, Sesame Seeds
Instructions / Storage
- All sandwich kits are made fresh to order daily and shipped with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place meat, gravy, cheese and broccoli rabe in the refrigerator
- Only place the rolls in the fridge if you don’t plan on eating them within 24 hours
- All items can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days or frozen for up to 2 months
- Peel open sealed pack of pork gravy and add to saucepan
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer
- Peel apart slices of roast pork and add to gravy for a few minutes or until hot
- Warm bread in a 325 degree oven for 4-6 minutes
- Remove the broccoli rabe from the sealed pouch and sauté on the stove for 5 minutes or alternatively place the broccoli rabe in a microwave-safe container and microwave for approximately 2 minutes or until hot
- Carefully remove rolls from the oven, slice down the slide without cutting them all the way through
- Place sharp provolone on the bottom of each roll, layer on the roast pork with tongs or serving fork, finish with broccoli rabe, and if desired, a bit more gravy
- Tommy DiNic’s ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.