When Amanda Bates’ son wanted a pie he could easily transport and eat at school, she knew she had to create Tiny Pies. In 2011, Amanda partnered with her mother Kit Seay to sell tiny pies at the Barton Creek Farmers’ Market. Soon they were opening up shop after shop. Their pies, made with old family recipes and the highest quality ingredients, have become a local legend and a favorite at wedding receptions.
Now you can enjoy making your own Tiny Pies in the comfort of your own kitchen. The Take and Bake Pie Kit includes all the ingredients and instructions needed to make 4 Tiny Pies. Flavors include the Apple Crumb Pie, with fresh apples and a buttery crumb top, and the Cherry Pie, bursting with color and joy!
The idea for Tiny Pies was born from a simple request: Amanda Wadsworth’s son wanted a pie he could easily take and eat at school. With help from her mother, Kit Seay, Amanda began selling handheld pies at the Barton Creek Farmers’ Market in Austin, Texas, in 2011. The mother-daughter duo makes their mini pies, which have been featured on Oprah’s O List, from scratch with locally-sourced ingredients. Options include their original creation the Texas Two Step — a combination of rich dark chocolate brownie and honest-to-goodness Texas pecan pie layered into a crisp flaky crust.
This package serves 4 people and includes all the ingredients you need to make 4 Tiny Pies.
- Each pie serves 1 person and will measure 4"
Pie Flavors Include:
- Apple Crumb
Ingredients Included: Flour, Butter, Sugar, Cherry, Apple
Instructions / Storage
- Take and Bake Pie Kit is shipped frozen with dry ice
- Dry Ice may dissipate in transit
- Do not remove Dry Ice with bare hands
- Keep ingredients frozen until ready to bake.
- Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Remove containers of filling from the freezer to thaw under refrigeration overnight. Leave the rest of the pie kit in the freezer until ready to bake.
- Next day: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Divide the Cherry filling between two of the shells and place on parchment paper or foil on a cookie sheet. Repeat the same steps with the Apple filling.
- Top each of the pies with about a 1/4 of the crumb topping.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then rotate the pan, so the pies cook evenly. Turn the oven to 350 and bake for another 10-15 mins or until the filling is bubbling in the center and the crumb is brown on top.
- Take the pies out of the oven and let them rest for 5-10 mins
- Tiny Pies ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.