This signature West African street food is the perfect comfort food for any time of day. It’s full of tender beef that’s been slow-cooked, and it perfectly compliments the flaky, buttery crust.
The Welle Made Company was founded by Rose Essiem to honor her grandfather, who was the cornerstone of her tight-knit family and community in Accra, the capital of the West African nation of Ghana. Every day after school, Rose and her grandfather would snack on traditional hand pies, which are the country’s most popular street food. She’s carrying on his legacy by turning out flaky, buttery-crusted hand pies brimming with traditional West African flavors.
This package serves 6 people and includes 6 Ghana Borga Hand Pies
- Each hand pie serves 1 person and measures 6″ × 3″
Flour, Butter, Gound Beef, Garlic, Onions, Sweet And Spicy Peppers, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Eggs
Instructions / Storage
- Hand Pies ship fully baked and frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Upon arrival, remove hand pies from packaging and immediately place in an airtight container. May be kept in the fridge or freezer.
- Hand Pies should be allowed to thaw overnight in the refrigerator or on the counter for an hour before baking.
- The pies are best kept frozen until ready to consume. Pies can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place the hand pies on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove hand pies from the oven. Let it rest for about 3-5 minutes.
- The Welle Made Company ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.