Bring The Slanted Door to your home! Two of The Slanted Door’s signature entrees: Caramelized Shrimp, and Chicken Claypot. Plus a side dish of Stir-Fried Boy Choy. Just add rice to make it a family-style meal!
Since its founding by chef Charles Phan and his family in San Francisco in 1995, The Slanted Door has achieved renown as one of the best restaurants in the city, and one of the best and most influential Vietnamese restaurants in the country. Phan and his team serve only organic produce and ecologically and humanely raised meats, game, and poultry from around the San Francisco Bay Area, and their modern Vietnamese cuisine earned the James Beard Award for Best Chef: California in 2004 and Outstanding Restaurant in 2014.
This package serves 4 people as part of a family-style dinner and includes:
- 1 Caramelized Shrimp Kit
- 1 Chicken Claypot Kit
- 1 Stir-fried Bok Choy Kit
- Jasmine Rice, Uncooked (4 Cups)
Entree Kits Include
- Shrimp (1 lb.)
- Yellow Onion (7 oz.)
- Minced Garlic (0.3 oz.)
- Green Onion (1.5 oz.)
- Caramel Sauce (5 oz.) (Includes 0.2 oz. Sate)
- Rice Wine ( 0.1 oz.)
- Jasmine Rice, Uncooked (2 Cups)
- Chicken Thighs (24 oz.)
- Shallot, Sliced (1 oz.)
- Ginger, Julienne (0.6 oz.)
- Thai Chile, Whole (1 oz.)
- Claypot Sauce (12 oz.)
- Cilantro Sprigs (1/2 Bunch)
Vegetable Side Kit Includes
Stir-Fried Bok Choy
- Bok Choy (1 lb.)
- Shiitake (5 oz.)
- Garlic, Minced (1 Tbsp.)
- Chicken & Fish Sauce Mix (3 oz.)
- Canola Oil (3 oz.)
- Caramelized Shrimp – Wild Gulf Shrimp, Chayote, Dried Chiles, Garlic, Rice Wine, Chi Ken Stock, Fish Sauce, Salt Sugar, Canola Oil, Cornstarch
- Chicken Claypot – Chicken Thighs, Canola Oil, Salt Balck Pepper, Granulated Garlic, Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, Distilled White Vinegar, Sugar, Fish Sauce, Thai Chiles, Garlic, Shallots Ginger. Cilantro
- Stir-Fried Bok Choy – Bok Choy, Shiitake Mushrooms, Garlic, Rice Wine, Chicken Stock, Sugar, Salt, Fish Sauce, Canola Oil.
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove from the packaging and place immediately in the fridge
- Maybe kept refrigerated for up to 5 days
- Remove from the box and thaw protein in the fridge
- Heat a medium-sized saute pan until hot, add the oil and add the shrimp.
- Sear on each side for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan to a plate.
- Pour off enough oil in the pan to equal about 1 tablespoon.
- Turn heat down to medium.
- Add the yellow onions, green onions, and minced garlic.
- Cook for about 10 seconds, stirring, and then add the rice wine to deglaze the pan.
- When the rice wine has almost cooked away, add the shrimp back into the pan and add the sate caramel sauce.
- Cook shrimp to desired doneness, about 5-8 minutes and the sauce has glazed the shrimp.
- In a medium size claypot or sauce pot, on low heat, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Add sliced shallots, ginger and Thai chili (slice in half for extra heat or omit extra chilis, if less spice desired)
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and claypot sauce and increase the medium-high heat
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer
- Cover and simmer until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the cover and reduce the sauce until thickened and coats the chicken (Approximately 3 to 5 minutes)
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve with steamed rice as part of a family style meal
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil on high heat
- Add Shanghai Bok Choy and Shitake mushrooms and garlic
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly wilted
- Deglaze the rice wine and add the fish sauce and chicken sauce, stir to combine.
- Cook the Bok Choy 2 to 3 minutes more, to desired doneness.
- Serve as part of a family style meal
(Add 3 1/2 Cups of Water per Every 2 Cups of Uncooked Rice)
- In a medium-sized pot, bring water and rice up to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir the rice a few times and then cover with a tight lid and reduce heat to low
- Simmer for 12 minutes
- Turn off heat but leave on top of stove top and let steam for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove lid, fluff with a fork
- The Slanted Door ships Tuesday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.