This traditional Vietnamese chicken pho is made with pasture-raised shredded chicken and broth, and it includes all the traditional fixins and condiments to customize it to your liking. Redolent with warm spices, it’s guaranteed to soothe the soul and warm the belly!
Since its founding by chef Charles Phan and his family in San Francisco in 1995, The Slanted Door has achieved renown as one of the best restaurants in the city, and one of the best and most influential Vietnamese restaurants in the country. Phan and his team serve only organic produce and ecologically and humanely raised meats, game, and poultry from around the San Francisco Bay Area, and their modern Vietnamese cuisine earned the James Beard Award for Best Chef: California in 2004 and Outstanding Restaurant in 2014.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- Chicken Meat, Shredded (12 oz.)
- Thin Rice Noodle (20 oz.)
- Chicken Broth, Seasoned (64 oz.)
- Lime (4 Pcs.)
- Mixed Green Onions (4 oz.)
- Crispy Shallots (2 oz.)
- Jalapeno Slices (2 oz.)
Chicken Broth (Pasture-Raised Chicken Bones, Yellow Onions, Ginger, Rock Candy), Rice Noodles, Fried Shallots (Shallots, Canola Oil), Green Onions, Cilantro, Jalapeno, Sriracha Packet, Hoisin Packet, Lime, Fish Sauce.
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove from the packaging and place immediately in the fridge
- Maybe kept refrigerated for up to 5 days
- Fill a small pot about halfway up with water and bring it up to boil over high heat
- This will be used to cook the rice noodles
- In a separate small pot, heat up the soup with chicken on medium-high heat until it comes up to a boil
- Turn off heat after boiling 1 minute.
- Cook the noodles in the boiling water for 10 seconds, drain and put into your soup bowl
- Pour the hot soup on top of the noodles
- Add the fried shallots and green onion and cilantro mix
- Add jalapeno pepper slices and lime to taste
- The Slanted Door ships Tuesday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.