Organic chicken thighs are cooked in a caramel soy sauce with hints of ginger and Thai chiles.
Since its founding by chef Charles Phan and his family in San Francisco in 1995, The Slanted Door has achieved renown as one of the best restaurants in the city, and one of the best and most influential Vietnamese restaurants in the country. Phan and his team serve only organic produce and ecologically and humanely raised meats, game, and poultry from around the San Francisco Bay Area, and their modern Vietnamese cuisine earned the James Beard Award for Best Chef: California in 2004 and Outstanding Restaurant in 2014.
This package serves 4 people as part of a family-style dinner and includes:
- Chicken Thighs (48 oz.)
- Shallot, Sliced (2 oz.)
- Ginger, Julienne (1.2 oz.)
- Thai Chile, Whole (2 oz.)
- Claypot Sauce (24 oz.)
- Cilantro Sprigs (1 Bunch)
- Jasmine Rice, Uncooked (4 Cups)
Chicken Thighs, Canola Oil, Salt Balck Pepper, Granulated Garlic, Soy Sauce, Lemon Juice, Distilled White Vinegar, Sugar, Fish Sauce, Thai Chiles, Garlic, Shallots Ginger. Cilantro
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove from the packaging and place immediately in the fridge
- Maybe kept refrigerated for up to 5 days
- In a medium size claypot or sauce pot, on low heat, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Add sliced shallots, ginger and Thai chili (slice in half for extra heat or omit extra chilis, if less spice desired)
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and claypot sauce and increase the medium-high heat
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer
- Cover and simmer until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the cover and reduce the sauce until thickened and coats the chicken (Approximately 3 to 5 minutes)
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve with steamed rice as part of a family style meal
(Add 3 1/2 Cups of Water per Every 2 Cups of Uncooked Rice)
- In a medium-sized pot, bring water and rice up to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir the rice a few times and then cover with a tight lid and reduce heat to low
- Simmer for 12 minutes
- Turn off heat but leave on top of stove top and let steam for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove lid, fluff with a fork
- The Slanted Door ships Tuesday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.