The Narrows ships its famous crab soup nationwide on Goldbelly! The Narrows Soup Sampler includes 1 quart each of the following classic soups: Maryland Vegetable Crab Soup, a hearty and flavorful soup chock full of fresh local vegetables and blue crab meat, and Maryland Cream of Crab Soup, a decadently rich soup from a decades-old Eastern Shore recipe using only the finest ingredients. Made with generous amounts of fresh blue crab meat swimming in a silky smooth cream soup, this soup is as versatile as it is luxurious. Each soup can be served as a main dish, a side dish, or as a hot hors d’oeuvre, in a demitasse cup garnished with a sprinkle of Old Bay seasoning—the ultimate Chesapeake Bay treat.
As a state famous for its crab, Maryland has plenty of contenders for the best crab cake of all, but The Narrows, a Grasonville, Maryland, fine dining restaurant built on the foundation of an old oyster shucking house on the Chesapeake Bay, stands above the rest. Described as “the purest of all the crab cakes” by Gourmet Magazine, it is also the crabbiest. The famous crab cakes served at The Narrows, which was founded by Bo and Brenda Hardesty in 1983, are loaded with fresh jumbo lump blue crab meat and bursting with flavor, capturing any crustacean lover’s heart—as do the restaurant’s heralded cream of crab soup and vegetable crab soup.
This package serves 6-8 people and includes
- 1 Qt. Maryland Vegetable Crab Soup
- 1 Qt. Maryland Cream of Crab Soup
- Each quart serves 2-4 people
Vegetable Crab Soup – Celery, Onion, Cabbage, Bay Leaf, Thyme and Old Bay, Diced Tomatoes, Beef Stock, Frozen Mixed Vegetables, Back Fin and Claw Crab Meat
Cream of Crab Soup – Back Fin and Claw Crab Meat, Carrot, Unsalted Butter, All-Purpose Flour, Half & Half, Heavy Cream, Dry Sherry, Chicken Base, White Pepper, Old Bay
Instructions / Storage
- Soups ship fresh and arrive ready to enjoy!
- Upon arrival, place soup in the refrigerator.
- Soup lasts up to 5 days in the refrigerator, do not freeze.
- Pour the soup into a saucepan or double boiler and warm over medium heat until soup begins to simmer (do not boil).
- Remove from heat, serve with your favorite crackers or crusty bread, and enjoy!
Do not microwave soup.
- The Narrows ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.