Travel & Leisure, Oprah’s O Magazine and Food Network’s “The Best Thing I Ever Ate,” have identified this historic getaway on Main Street in the coastal town of Kennebunk, Maine as the place for some of the most sublime Maine lobster dishes in New England. Known for legendary Maine lobster pot pies and lobster white truffle pizzas. Since 2003, owners Shanna & Brian O’Hea have been offering a taste of the East Coast that you just can’t find anywhere else.
The dish that made the Kennebunk Inn famous, this ready-to-bake kit comes with everything you need to make the Academe’s signature comfort-food dish, heralded by the Food Network, Oprah, and Travel and Leisure. The famous puff-pastry-topped pot pies arrive fresh, never frozen or even cooked, so that you can pop them in the oven to bake, and savor the same level of freshness you’d get if you were at the restaurant.Le Creuset Ramekins not included
- Choose between 4, 6 or 8 Maine Lobster Pot Pies
- Pot Pies must be put together upon arrival and baked
- Each pot pie serves 1 person
- Le Creuset Ramekins not included
Instructions / Storage
- Lobster products ship fresh with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Upon arrival, place lobster meat in the refrigerator and puff pastry & pizza shells in the freezer. Lobster meat can be kept refrigerated for 4 days or frozen for one month. Puff pastry and pizza shell can be frozen for one month and should be kept frozen until needed. Sea-salt compound butter, brioche hot dog rolls and pot pie filling can be frozen for one month and thawed in the refrigerator overnight
- To serve, place puff pastry lids on a greased tray and heat in a 400F preheated oven for 6-10 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Pot pie filling can be warmed by placing the sealed bag in simmering water for 8 minutes or by cutting open the bag and heating the filling in a pan over the stove. Heat until filling begins to boil and thicken. Pour filling into warmed ramekins and top with puff pastry. Enjoy!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- The Kennebunk Inn ships Tuesday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.