This Lowcountry meal for four will surely deliver all the comfort & joy you need this holiday season. All wrapped up and ready to go, making this the perfect way to get a taste of The Grey’s cooking without having to leave your home. This meal covers all the bases! Starting out with local lettuces, The Grey’s broken anchovy dressing, and shaved parmesan. Move on to a hardy main course of short ribs, Yorkshire pudding and smoked collard greens. Relax at home this December and let The Grey do the rest.
Bonded by a common viewpoint on what makes for delicious food, Chef Mashama Bailey, who received the James Beard in 2019, and restaurateur Johno Morisano partnered to build The Grey in Historic Downtown Savannah. Located in an old Greyhound bus terminal, The Grey reclaims the building’s history and places it at the very heart of Southern cooking by transporting guests to the past, present, and future of Port City Southern Cuisine. Tapping into much of what they learned in creating that space, Mashama and Johno opened The Grey Market, a New York bodega meets Southern lunch counter, in 2018. Their talented team, including senior manager Colleen Ferris and executive pastry chef, Tanya Matta, are ensuring that everything is delicious and making its way to you exactly as it should.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- Short Ribs (25 oz.)
- Yorkshire Pudding (16 oz.)
- Local Lettuces (24 oz.)
- Broken Anchovy Dressing (6 oz.)
- 1 Block of Parm Cheese
- Smoked Collards (28 oz.)
Contains: fish, beef, egg, gluten, dairy
Instructions / Storage
- Holiday Dinner ships with dry ice
- Dry ice dissipate in transit, contents may thaw
- Keep all items in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Before cooking, leave items at room temperature for 1 hour
- Add collards to pot on medium low heat. Once collards are hot they are ready to serve.
- In the still-hot oven (425F conventional or 400F convection)
- Place short ribs on an oven-safe baking dish
- Cook for 30-50 minutes, until meat is tender
- Preheat baking dish with canola oil in oven to 450°F, use a 9×12-inch pyrex or ceramic casserole dish, coating the bottom of the dish. Heat the dish in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the dish is hot, pour batter into dish to bake:
- Carefully pour the batter into the pan once the pan is hot.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 450° or until fluffy and golden brown.
- Greens to be served with the Anchovy dressing. Shaved parm on top.
- The Grey ships Monday and Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.