This classic Savannah dish has been on the menu at The Grey since 2015. Slowly braised chicken, bell peppers, onions, tomato, and curried spices in a rich chicken broth. Accompanied with fluffy Carolina Gold Rice to leave you full and happy.
In 2014, Chef Mashama Bailey, who received the James Beard in 2019, and restaurateur Johno Morisano partnered to build The Grey in historic Downtown Savannah. Located in an old Greyhound bus terminal, The Grey transports guests to the past, present, and future of Port City Southern Cuisine. Tapping into much of what they learned in creating The Grey, Bailey and Morisano opened The Grey Market, a New York bodega meets southern lunch counter, in 2018. The Grey was named “One of the World’s Best Restaurants” by Food & Wine.
This package serves 2 people and includes:
- Springer Mountain Chicken (4 pieces)
- 8 oz of Captain Sauce
- 2 cups of Carolina Gold Rice
- Toasted Almonds
Contains: gluten, eggs, dairy, and peanuts
Instructions / Storage
- Chicken Country Captain will be shipped with Dry Ice, which may thaw in transit
- Sharp knife or scissors
- 8×8 baking sheet
- large sauté pan
- small sauce pot with lid
- Place chicken on a baking sheet, bake in the oven for 12 mins
- When chicken is heated, remove from the oven and place in a large sauté pan over low-medium heat.
- Add sauce and currants, continue to heat for 12 mins
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepot bring a half cup of water to a boil
- Place rice in a saucepot and cover with a lid
- Turn off the heat after about 1-2 mins, leave rice uncovered until ready to eat.
- The Grey ships Monday and Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.