This classic Savannah dish has been on the menu at The Grey since 2015. Slowly braised chicken thighs, bell peppers, onions, tomato and curried spices in a rich chicken broth. Accompanied with fluffy Carolina Gold Rice and slow cooked butter beans.
The Grey was named one of “World’s Best Restaurants” by Food & Wine and Eater dubbed The Grey Market one of “The 12 Most Anticipated Restaurant Openings of Fall 2018”. Chef Mashama Bailey was awarded “Best Chef – Southeast” by the James Beard Foundation. She was also featured on the Netflix series “Chef’s Table” and was named as one of the “16 Black Chefs Changing Food in America” by the New York Times.
This package serves 2 people and includes:
- 4 Braised Chicken Thighs
- Captain Sauce (8 oz.)
- Carolina Gold Rice (2 Cups)
- Toasted Almonds
- Slow Cooked Butter Beans
Contains: gluten, eggs, dairy, and peanuts
Instructions / Storage
- Chicken Country Captain will be shipped with Dry Ice, which may thaw in transit
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Leave the contents in the packaging. Place packaging containing the chicken with sauce, the rice and the vegetables in the simmering water bath and heat for 10 minutes.
- Open and serve. Garnish with currants and almonds
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- The Grey ships Tuesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.