The Goddess is known as the Goddess of Gefilte come Passover and Rosh Hashannah. Borrowing from both her grandmothers’ different traditions of Ashkenazi and Sephardic food, The Goddess has been cooking kosher style for Jewish holidays and events since opening her store 15 years ago. The Goddess and Grocer is the go to place for all holiday food in Chicago and is excited to cater for you!
Melbourne native Debbie Sharpe has spent years traveling the world catering for some of the music industry’s biggest stars, everyone from Paul McCartney and The Rolling Stones to Madonna and Beyonce. In 1990 she settled in Chicago and opened several critically acclaimed restaurants, and in 2004 she realized her dream of opening an Australian-style cafe, called The Goddess & Grocer. The Goddess, obviously, is Sharpe.
This package serves 4 people and includes a full Passover Seder Meal Kit
- Chicken Soup (2 lbs)
- 4 Matzo Balls (1 lb)
- Chopped Chicken Liver (1 lb)
- Charoset (1 lb)
- Beet horseradish relish (8 oz )
- 1 Whole roasted cut up chicken with an apricot, lemon and herb glaze (4 lbs)
- Brisket with mushroom and onion gravy (1 lb)
- 4 Potato Latkes
- 4 pieces of Gefilte Fish with Carrots
- Green Beans (1 lb)
- Mashed Potatoes (2 lbs)
- Tzimmes (1 lb)
- Potato Kugel (1.5 lbs)
- 4 Coconut Macaroons
- 4 Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate and Toffee Matzo Bark
- 1 Matzo box
- 1 Seder Plate
Chicken Soup – Chicken Stock, Carrots, Celery, Onion
Matzo Balls – Matzo Meal, Parsley, Egg, Salt And Pepper
Chopped Chicken Liver – Chicken Liver, Onion, Hard Cooked Egg, Schmaltz
Charoset – Apples, Walnuts, Cinnamon, Red Wine, Brown Sugar
Beet horseradish relish – Beets, Horseradish, Vinegar, Sugar
Whole roasted cut up chicken with an apricot, lemon and herb glaze – Organic Chicken, Dried Apricots, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Herbs
Brisket with mushroom and onion gravy – Brisket, Red Wine, Mushrooms, Onions, Fresh Herbs, Beef Stock
Potato Latkes – Potatoes, Onions, Matzo Meal
Gefilte Fish with Carrots – Walleye, Salmon, Trout, Egg, Matzo Meal
Green Beans – Green Beans, Lemon, Shallots
Mashed Potatoes – Yukon Gold Potatoes, Cream, Butter
Tzimmes – Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Prunes, Orange Juice, Honey
Sweet Potato Kugel – Sweet Potatoes, Granny Smith Apples, Raisins, Eggs, Sugar, Matzo Meal, Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg, Ginger, Salt
Coconut Macaroons – Coconut, Egg Whites, Sugar, Chocolate
Thumbprint Cookies – Coconut, Egg Whites, Sugar, Jam
Chocolate and Toffee Matzo Bark – Matzo, Butter, Sugar, Chocolate, Salt
Seder Plate – Charoset, Lamb Bone, Horseradish Beet Puree, Lettuce, Parsley, Egg
Instructions / Storage
- Package ships frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Store macaroons, thumbprints, and matzo bark at room temperature. Everything else should be stored in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Heat chicken soup on stovetop on low heat until hot or place in microwave safe container and microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Unpack matzo balls and heat in the soup.
- Remove chopped liver, gefilte fish with carrots, beet horseradish relish, and charoset from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Remove from containers and place in separate bowls.
- Transfer the whole roasted chicken with apricot, lemon, herb glaze onto a baking dish and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Loosen lid on the beef brisket with mushroom shallot gravy and bake for 15-20 minutes. Time will vary with amount of brisket.
- Remove lid on potato latkes and heat in oven uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid on green beans and cover with foil. Heat covered for 15 minutes or until warm through.
- Remove lid on mashed potatoes and cover with foil. Heat covered for 20 minutes or until warm through stirring occasionally.
- Remove tzimmes from container and heat in a covered saucepan for 20 minutes or until warm through.
- Remove lid on sweet potato kugel and warm in oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve coconut macaroons, macaroon thumbprint, and chocolate & toffee matzo bark at room temperature.
- The Goddess and Grocer ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.