This is the signature dish of The Duck Inn, awarded best duck in Chicago by Esquire Magazine! These ducks are raised naturally in Indiana and come fresh every week. The breasts are roasted until medium rare, and the legs and thighs slowly roast on a rotisserie for 3 hours until falling apart. Also included are housemade duck jus, duck fat-roasted potatoes, and a baby kale salad with seasonal fruit.
The Duck Inn is a cozy, retro-inspired neighborhood gastro-tavern located on the border of Chicago’s booming Bridgeport and Pilsen neighborhoods, founded in 2014. At The Duck Inn, Chef Kevin Hickey and his team are serving up some seriously unique comfort foods, and it’s earned them legions of fans and accolades over the years: Hickey was named Chef of the Year by the Chicago Tribune in 2015 and the restaurant was named one of the country’s best new restaurants by Esquire!
This package serves 2 people and includes:
- 1 All Natural Midwest Duck (2 lbs.)
- Rotisserie Legs & Thighs
- Pan Roasted Breasts
- Duck Fat Potatoes (6 oz.)
- Baby Kale (1 oz.)
- Shaved Radishes (1 oz.)
- Seasonal Fruits (2 oz.)
- Vinaigrette (3 oz.)
- Rich Duck Jus (3 oz.)
Duck, Garlic, Onions, Carrots, Celery, Yukon Gold Potatoes, Baby Kale, Radishes, Tangerines, Mixed Berries, Vinegar, Vegetable Oil, Pepper
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival remove everything from the package
- Place everything in the refrigerator
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days, freezing is not recommended
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place the potatoes and duck legs and breasts, skin side up in the oven in a small pan at 375, preferably in a convection oven for 20 minutes.
- For a crispier skin Place duck breast in a skillet, skin side down, and on medium heat crisp the skin for 8 minutes
- Place the baby kale, radishes, season fruit, and vinaigrette in a bowl and season with salt and cracked pepper
- When the duck is ready pour hot duck fat and potatoes over the salad and toss.
- Arrange duck around the salad
- Place the duck Jus in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, serve together
- The Duck Inn ships Wednesday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.