Since first being served at the Texas Inn in the mid 1930s, the legendary Cheesy Western has become a Virginia staple. Featuring a quarter-pound burger made from fresh ground beef, what truly makes this burger unique is the “T-Room’s” super-secret sweet mustard relish. Add the included cheese and chopped onions and a scrambled egg (not included) to make this one-of-a-kind creation in your home for the very first time.
The Texas Inn, known by locals as “The T Room,” is Lynchburg, Virginia’s oldest dining establishment. Founded in 1935, the restaurant known for “serving 1,500 people, 15 at a time” remains relatively unchanged. Since opening, The Texas Inn has served 6 million customers over the years. This diminutive lunch counter is a classic hot dog joint, but it’s the “Cheesy Western” that’s the true star of the menu: a quarter-pound burger topped with cheese, onions, and relish on a soft bun. This is good old fashioned eatin’ at its finest. The Texas Inn has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.
This package serves 4 people includes everything you need to make 4 “Cheesy Western” Burgers:
- 4 Burger Patties (1/4 lb. each)
- 4 Buns
- American Cheese
- NOT INCLUDED Eggs
Relish – Cabbage, Mustard, Onions, Water, Vinegar, And Spices
Onions – Just Onions
Hamburger – Ground Beef
American Cheese – Milk, Water, Sodium Citrate, Salt.cheese Culture, Sorbic Acid(Preservative), Citric Acid, Enzymes, Soy Lecithin, And Added Color.
Hamburger Buns – Water, Whole Wheat Flour, Unbleached Enriched Flour, Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour,niacin-reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Sugar, and Wheat Gluten. Contains 2% Or Lessor Each Of The Following: Soybean Oil, Salt, Yeast, Cultured Wheat Flour, Calcium, Sulfate, Enzymes, Asorbic Acid, And Soy Flour.
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Refrigerate or freeze upon arrival
- May be kept for 3-4 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer
- Consuming raw or uncooked foods may increase your risk of a food borne illness
Watch a How-To Video Here
Egg Not Included
- Set hamburger, relish, and chopped onion in the refrigerator to thaw. Relish and onions should be cold, but not frozen
- Place vegetable oil into frying pan on medium heat
- Once hamburger has thawed to a temperature of no higher than 41 degrees F, place hamburger chuck into frying pan, and press down with spatula. Flip and cook thoroughly (hamburger must be 165 degrees to be done). Set cooked hamburger patties aside.
- Clean pan. Repeat step 2
- Crack one egg into bowl and swiftly scramble with 6-8 strokes
- Place into pan, cook for 90 seconds then place patty on top, then flip and cook for 60-90 more seconds
- Heat buns for 30-45 seconds
- Place cheese on top on burger and egg combo
- Place on bottom bun. Spoon relish onto top bun, add onion and place on burger/egg combo
- Slice into two pieces and enjoy!
- Texas Inn ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.