While many come to Texas Inn for the Cheesy Western, the super-secret mustard relish is the star of the show and helps create one of the finest chili dogs we’ve ever come across. This kit comes with everything you need to create your own chili dogs at home including the hot dogs, buns, chili, relish, and onions.
The Texas Inn, known by locals as “The T Room,” is Lynchburg, Virginia’s oldest dining establishment. Founded in 1935, the restaurant known for “serving 1,500 people, 15 at a time” remains relatively unchanged. Since opening, The Texas Inn has served 6 million customers over the years. This diminutive lunch counter is a classic hot dog joint, but it’s the “Cheesy Western” that’s the true star of the menu: a quarter-pound burger topped with cheese, onions, and relish on a soft bun. This is good old fashioned eatin’ at its finest. The Texas Inn has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.
This package serves 6 people includes everything you need to make 6 Chili Dogs:
- 6 Hot Dogs
- 6 Buns
Relish – Cabbage, Mustard, Onions, Water, Vinegar, And Spices
Onions – Just Onions
Chili Beans – Ground Beef, Pinto Beans, Spices, Water, Oil, and Cornstarch
Hot Dog – Pork, Mechanically Separated Chicken, Water, And Salt. Contains 2% Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Corn Syrup Sorbitol, Sodium Lactate, Flavorings, Beef, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrate, And Red Dye 40.
Hot Dog Buns – Water, Whole Wheat Flour, Unbleached Enriched Flour, Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour,niacin-reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Sugar, And Wheat Gluten. Contains 2% Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Soybean Oil, Salt, Yeast, Cultured Wheat Flour, Calcium, Sulfate, Enzymes, Ascorbic Acid, And Soy Flour.
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Refrigerate or freeze upon arrival
- May be kept for 3-4 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer
- Consuming raw or uncooked foods may increase your risk of a food borne illness
- Set hotdogs, relish, and chopped onion in the refrigerator to thaw. Hotdogs should be at no higher than 41 Degrees F and relish and onions should be cold not frozen.
- Place thawed hotdogs in a steamer for 4 minutes or boil in pan with water for 2 minutes on medium-high heat
- Place chili in microwave and heat for 1 minute if thawed, and 2-3 minutes if frozen
- Heat buns for 30-45 seconds
- Place hot dog in bun and spoon relish over the length of the dog. Top with chopped onion and then add a generous portion of chili as the last step
- Texas Inn ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.