Tartine’s porridge bread started as a way of getting more whole grains into our country bread. They cooked whole oats and added a high portion to the dough, which added a creaminess and sweetness. Recently one of their millers started carrying a flaked grains mix that they really like, so now it’s Purple Karma barley, Dark Northern rye and oat flakes in their porridge mix. It’s bones are country dough, so it’s also a natural, long ferment, high-hydration bread. The ingredients are flour, water, salt and flaked grains.
This package includes 2 Multigrain Porridge Loaves
- Each loaf yields 15 slices
- Each loaf measures 13″ × 8″ and weighs 2.2 lbs.
- Choose to add a Muslin Bread Bag to your order
- Organic Cotton, perfect for storing your Tartine Loaf
Wheat, Water, Oats, Barley, Rye, Salt, Rice Flour
Instructions / Storage
- Breads arrived ready to unwrap and enjoy!
- May be kept at room temperature for up to 3 days
- To enjoy for longer, bread may be kept well wrapped and frozen
- Breads should not be refrigerated
- To serve from frozen, allow loaves to thaw at room temp and then refresh in 350 F oven
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Tartine Bakery ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.