Kids bread is inspired by childhood memories of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on soft sliced bread eaten on beach picnics and lovingly tucked into lunch bags. Grocery store sliced bread is made with artificial colorings, flavorings, preservatives, additives, and vital wheat gluten to achieve a pillowy texture and long shelf-life. The wheat that it is made with is stripped of nutrients and minerals and is almost always grown and harvested with the use of harmful chemical pesticides and herbicides. Tartine wanted to make a bread that had those same characteristics but used whole, responsibly sourced and milled grains. They used natural levain and scalded einkorn wheat to achieve that nostalgic texture and flavor. The sweetness comes from the natural sweetness of the whole grain and from a little added honey.
Tartine Bakery’s fresh breads emerge from Tartine Bakery’s ovens at 3:30 every day, and locals and tourists alike line up for their incomparable country loaves. Owners Prueitt and Robertson aren’t afraid to push the boundaries around sustainability and ingredient sourcing and are constantly innovating the artisanal bread-baking process. It’s no wonder their five books have won numerous awards, with two more in production. Fans include Mark Bittman of the New York Times, who called Tartine Bakery his “favorite bakery in the U.S.” and the James Beard Foundation, which awarded Prueitt and Robertson “Best Pastry Chefs in America.”
This package includes 2 Kids Loaves
- Each loaf yields 15 slices
- Each loaf measures 13″ × 5″ and weighs 2.2 lbs.
- Choose to add a Muslin Bread Bag to your order
- Organic Cotton, perfect for storing your Tartine Loaf
Wheat Flour, Einkorn Flour,Water, Buttermilk, Butter, Honey, Salt, Yeast
Instructions / Storage
- Breads arrived ready to unwrap and enjoy!
- May be kept at room temperature for up to 3 days
- To enjoy for longer, bread may be kept well wrapped and frozen
- Breads should not be refrigerated
- To serve from frozen, allow loaves to thaw at room temp and then refresh in 350 F oven
- Tartine Bakery ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.