This is one of TAO’s most legendary appetizers, as seen on Food Network’s “Best Thing I Ever Ate”! Eight succulent skewers of marinated Chilean Sea Bass are seared and finished to golden perfection in your oven. Serve over wakame seaweed salad and drizzle with TAO’s signature misoyaki (miso teriyaki) sauce.
Inspired by ingredients from the land, sea, and sky; TAO’s Chef/Partner Ralph Scamardella combines culinary elements of China, Japan, and Thailand to create a Pan-Asian menu packed with bold flavors. Award-winning cuisine like Peking duck and timeless design have made TAO a celebrity favorite since opening in Midtown Manhattan in 2000.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes everything you need to make 8 Sea Bass Skewers
- 8 Skewers of Miso-marinated Chilean Sea Bass
- 8 oz. Miso Teriyaki Glaze
- 8 oz. Wakame Seaweed Salad
- 1 Sheet of Parchment Paper
Satay Bass: Chilean Sea Bass, Miso (Soybeans, Salt, Rice), Sake, Mirin, Sugar. Miso Yaki: Miso (Soybeans, Salt, Rice), Sake, Mirin, Sugar, Teriyaki (Low Sodium Soy Sauce, Sugar, Garlic, Ginger, Corn Starch, Water)
Wakame Seaweed Salad: Seaweed (Wakame) Agar-agar, White Sesame Seeds, Sesame Oil, Sugar, Salt, Vinegar, Red Pepper, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (Water, Corn, Soybeans, Wheat)
Instructions / Storage
- Satay Kit ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, immediately cook sea bass or store all components in the fridge for 2-3 days
- The miso teriyaki glaze will keep under refrigeration for up to 1 month
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place parchment paper on the cooking tray
- Remove sea bass from packaging and place on the cooking tray with parchment paper, arrange bass evenly in a line next to each other approximately ½ inch apart
- Cover the exposed wooden skewers with foil to avoid burning (optional)
- Cook bass at 400 degrees until hot and cooked through, approximately 10 minutes
- Remove bass from the oven, and switch oven to broiler mode
- Brush bass with a nice even coating of miso teriyaki glaze
- Return pan to the oven on the top shelf under the broiler
- Cook bass under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until glaze is nicely browned and caramelized, be careful not to burn, but some charred edges are ok
- Remove from broiler. Place wakame on edge of the plate and arrange on a platter overlapping and drizzle with extra miso teriyaki sauce
- TAO ships Tuesday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.