Cauliflower Shawarma Kit for 6 (Vegan)
Meet the meatlessI This Cauliflower Shawarma kit includes cauliflower florets and Taïm’s signature shawarma spice blend. It also includes their creamy hummus, tahini sauce, spicy s’rug, pickled trio (pickles, spicy peppers, and pickled onions), and fluffy artisan-baked pita bread.
Taïm, which means “tasty” in Hebrew, started in 2005 when Israeli chef Einat Admony arrived in New York with a dream of serving Israeli-inspired Mediterranean street food. Taïm quickly became a wildly popular spot that people are still obsessed with over 15 years later. Einat has been aptly named the “Queen of Falafel“ by the New York Times, is a two-time Chopped Champion, and a 2020 James Beard nominee. Taïm is a cult favorite and is famous for its award-winning Middle Eastern fare from falafel to cauliflower shawarma to sabich and more. Pitas, bowls, salads, mezze – everything on the menu is made from scratch at each location daily using fresh, high quality ingredients.
This package serves 6 people and includes ingredients to make 6 Cauliflower Shawarmas:
- Cauliflower Florets (2 lbs.)
- Shawarma Spice Mix (3 oz.)
- Hummus (2 lbs.)
- Pickled Trio (9 oz.) – Pickles, Spicy Peppers, Pickled Onions
- Tahini Sauce (8 oz.)
- S’rug Hot Sauce (8 oz.)
- Pita Bread, your choice (6 pcs. each 6")
- Choose to add on more!
Pita Options Include:
- 6 White Pitas
- 6 Whole Wheat Pitas
- 3 White + 3 Whole Wheat Pitas
Add On Options Include:
- Marinated Beets (14 oz.) – A classic on Taïm’s menu for 15 years, our beets are marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and zest, spices and roasted garlic purée. We marinate them at least one night before serving them.
- Moroccan Carrots (14 oz.) – Our Moroccan carrot salad is legendary and addictive. Why? They’re sweet, spicy, tangy, crunchy and garlicky. We marinate them overnight so that the flavors soak in.
- 1 Jar of Taïm Harissa (4 oz.)* – A Tunisian-style hot chili pepper paste we make ourselves from dried peppers, roasted peppers, paprika, and a bunch of other sassy spices. It’s the base for (you guessed it) our signature harissa falafel and harissa ketchup. There are hundreds of ways to use harissa both as a condiment and a flavoring agent in sauces, marinades, dressings, braises and more.
- 1 Jar of Taïm Shawarma Mix (4 oz.) – Our signature blend of shawarna spices. We use it on our Cauliflower Shawarma. You can use it on many more veggies and also chicken and meats!
- 1 Jar of Za’atar (4 oz.) – Our za’atar is imported straight from the hillls of Jerusalem. It’s mixed with toasted sesame seeds and sumac. Great on breads, with olive oil!
- 1 Pint of Hummus
- Balaboosta Cookbook (signed by Chef Einat) – Chef Einat’s First cookbook, Balaboosta, Bold Recipes for the People You Love, 140 delicious recipes.
- Shuk Cookbook (signed by Chef Einat) – Chef Einat’s second book, Shuk, From Market to Table, the Heart of Israeli Home Cooking, 140 delicious recipes.
- Falafel Scoop
- Taïm Hat
Cauliflower Florets – Cauliflower Florets, Rice Flour, Shawarma Spice
Shawarma Spice Mix – Blend Of Spices
Hummus – Chickpeas, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Tahini, Blend Of Spices
Pickled Trio – Pickled Peppers, Pickles And Pickled Red Onions (Vinegar, Salt, Sugar, Red Beet).
Tahini Sauce – Garlic, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Tahini, Blend Of Spices
S’rug Hot Sauce – Cilantro, Jalapeños, Garlic, Oil, Blend Of Spices
Pita Bread – Flour, Water, Salt, Sugar, Yeast
Marinated Beets – Beets, Lemon, Vinegar, Garlic, Olive Oil, Blend Of Spices
Moroccan Carrots – Carrots, Tomato Paste, Canola Oil, Garlic, White Vinegar, Olive Oil, Blend Of Spices
Harissa – Red Peppers, Canola Oil, Garlic, Tomato Paste, Blend Of Spices
Shawarma Mix – Shawarma Spice Blend
Za’atar – Za’atar Spice
Instructions / Storage
- Package ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove packaging and place immediately in the fridge
- In a deep pan (4" deep), pre heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees.
- Gently drop cauliflower (already coated in rice flour and shawarma spice) into the hot oil for about 1.5 minutes or until desired crispiness. We do ours to golden brown!
- With a strainer, remove the florets and let cool for 30 seconds on a plate or tray with a paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
- Sprinkle extra shawarma spice and salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Brush or spray the pitas with water and reheat in an oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the top off of the pitas, spread hummus inside with a spoon and start layering the cauliflower, pickles, onions, peppers and sauces inside.
- You can also cut the pitas in halves and make mini pitas the same way.
- Another option is to spread the hummus in a shallow bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and paprika or herbs as a garnish and serve the cauliflower, sauces and pickled trio as a buffet.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Taïm ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for * Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.