Tadich Grill ships its legendary Cioppino nationwide on Goldbelly! Tadich Grill’s famous Cioppino is a cornucopia of the sea in a bowl. San Francisco’s original seafood stew is made with a deep red tomato garlic basil broth that is filled with huge pieces of crab, clams, shrimp, scallops, mussels, and the catch of the day. And when we say “catch of the day,” we mean it. The seafood at Tadich Grill is so fresh, the menu doesn’t have prices because they change each day depending on what the fishermen bring in!
Nikola Budrovich, Frano Kosta, and Antonio Gasparich, three immigrants from Croatia, set up a tent on San Francisco’s Long Wharf in 1849 and began serving fresh fish grilled over charcoal. Today, the restaurant is the oldest continuously running restaurant west of the Mississippi River and the third oldest restaurant in the U.S. San Francisco may be known for its cutting-edge eateries, but there’s a reason Tadich Grill is still a favorite seafood restaurant that has been named an “America’s Classic” by the James Beard Foundation.
This package serves 2-3 people and includes:
- 1 pt. Cioppino Base
- Catch of the Day
- Garlic butter
Celery, onions, parsley, basil, canned tomatoes, garlic, white wine, clam base, paprika, bay leaves, thai chile sauce, chipotle chiles in adobo, soy sauce, fish stock, oregano, black pepper, salt – all for the base. Garlic, olive oil, butter for sauteeing the fish. Prawns, clams, mussels, bay shrimp, crab, snapper/swordfish (white fish), scallops. Sweet french bread with garlic/EVOO/butter mixture for the garlic bread.
Facility that makes the bread for us makes nut breads as well.
Instructions / Storage
- The Cioppino ships frozen with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival cioppino may be kept refrigerated for up to 2 days
Please Note: Clams and Mussels are previously steamed and should be open when they arrive
- Heat the garlic butter until garlic is slightly brown
- Add the fresh fish and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Then add 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- Add clams and mussels and cook for 2 more minutes
- Add the cioppino base and bring it to a boil
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes
- Add crab and bay shrimp and cook for 2 more minutes until the crab and bay shrimp are heated
- Toast and brown garlic bread in oven under bake or broil
- Serve and enjoy!
Please Note: Clams and Mussels are previously steamed and should be open when they arriveDownload Storage and Prep Instructions
- Tadich Grill ships Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.