Asian Pears make for an exquisite and elegant year-end gift
About Asian Pears – These fruits generally have a high water content and a crisp, grainy texture, very different from European varieties like Bartlett, Comice, Bosc or Anjou. They are commonly served raw and peeled, and tend to be quite large and fragrant.
New Pear is the newest hand-cultivated variety from Pennsylvania grower, Subarashii Kudamono.
It is crisp, light refreshingly juicy, with lush citrus flavors.
If eaten with the skin on, your bite of this pear opens up your taste buds like a summery white sangria or sip from a glass of pinot gris. Peeled, you will quickly recognize the zing of lemon and grapefruit laced with mellow golden raisin. This pear is a singular experience with its savory flesh.
This New Pear looks as if it has come from an artist’s palette. It is cast with bold banana yellow tones yet displays a luminous lemon sorbet base color… dimpled with dark tan speckles.
- 5-pear boxes contain approximately 5-6 lbs, straight from the farm
- 9-pear boxes contain approximately 9-10 lbs, straight from the farm
- Get them while they last! New Pears are picked only from mid October through December.
- Fresh Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears grown in Lehigh Valley, PA
Instructions / Storage
- Due to their firm structure, pears can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 months
Use this flavor-rich pear for as a healthy snack. Lace fresh slices of this New Pear atop your arugula and buffalo mozzarella salad and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.